4 hours ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Or is it the way he is being played and the role his manager has given him. I will not judge a payer solely by how many goals he scores. Is a team game. Our team is rocking. If Morelos ever scores again but is part of a system where we win the league then who cares??

If you’re touting your CF as not for sale unless the bid is £20m, then you really do judge him on his goals.

Smile and Swally like this
  • Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass completion means fuck all when the 3 out of 10 passes he doesn’t make are that bad they allow the opposing team to counter attack like at  Liege it happened 4 times    The new role excuse

12 goals in 2 games, none from Morelos or Defoe. A million miles from last season when the two of them were our only real source of goals.

His wee mood today was hilarious. That's the attitude I want from my striker tbh. Shows he has knuckled down and cares 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TMB said:

I like Morelos and still think he’s our best striker.  However, Roofe looks like a better and more composed finisher in and around the box.  He’s so good on the ball he could play in midfield.  I’d like to see Roofe get a run of games up front and let’s see what he can do. I think he’ll score goals for us and be a real quality addition.  

Ours or their’s?  Suppose it makes no difference. 😀

HG5 and Swally like this
10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Players shouldn't keep their place if they're playing significantly poorer on an ongoing basis that the overall team performance. Unfortunately for Alfie, that's him.

Also if players are given the chance to impress and take it then its doubly reason why they should retain the jersey. Thats Arfield previously and now Roofe as long as he's physically up to it, or to at least starting.

Yes rotation, fitness, tactics, etc must all come into the equation. But in every position there's now someone pushing the player in the jersey for their jersey to be considered 1st pick. Its got to be the case that the one in form becomes that first pick until roles reverse and someone else deserves it more.

Spot on

41 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

He is is also coming too deep. You never saw Super Ally in those positions.

McCoist was a poacher.  Morelos is a completely different type of striker.  You need to take in to consideration all the work Morelos puts in generally.  A McCoist or Boyd type wouldn’t even get a game in this system.

52 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Wee man needs to up his game. 

Last season up to Christmas he was bullying defenders. This season he isn't. Certainly to the same extent.

He is is also coming too deep. You never saw Super Ally in those positions.

I firmly believe he will come good.

He's obviously been told to do that it ain't hard to realise when you have  watched us play this season so far 

TamCoopz likes this

I think the criticism of Morelos this season is fair, but I’m pretty sure those not willing to criticize him too much is because we are doing well and top of the league. If we had lost a few more points and trailing the scum, more people on here would be shouting for him to gtf and regretting that we rejected that 16m offer from Lille (me included by the way). 
The fact is we are not relying on him anymore, which is a very deliberate move and is working. I do believe that the plan was for Morelos to be sold, but I think we did the right thing to hold firm on the fee. Even if it doesn’t benefit us  now I.e maximizing Morelos’s value (let’s assume we don’t realize that fee in future) it will benefit us massively on other players’ sales in the longer term. 
I also think he has a place in the squad, he’s certainly not finished and when he finds his touch again we’ll be in an even stronger position with better options than we have now, and what we have now ain’t bad. 

Most of our fans know fucking zilch about football.

”He’s dropping too deep!” 

“Doing nothing goes the team at the moment.”

Blows my mind how naive people are when it comes to our tactical set up and the player’s roles in that set up. 

TamCoopz likes this

As others have said, his confidence is shot and he should spend a couple of weeks on the bench.

I still have faith him him gaining form again.   If we can keep on winning as we are with him performing poorly, just imagine how good it's going to be when he finds his form again. 

He does a power of work holding up the ball with his back to goal and providing lay offs to players running forward. He's also a master of getting to a 50/50 and winning a foul. 

He's not on his best scoring form but he brings a lot to the team that no other player we have on the books would.

Once he gets one or two goals his confidence will rise and I'd be happy to take any bet that he'll be top scorer this season.

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I would start him Sunday wee mans due a goal he’s not been at his best but not as bad as some make out. He’s still a class act the goals will come again.

Talk about being over weight and unfit is nonsense.

If that was true he wouldn’t be on the pitch imo we’ve got other threads saying how well coached the team are and how professional and good a job the backroom staff are doing no chance do they field an over weight unfit player 🤣 fs 

absolutely  agree mate

7 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I would start him Sunday wee mans due a goal he’s not been at his best but not as bad as some make out. He’s still a class act the goals will come again.

Talk about being over weight and unfit is nonsense.

If that was true he wouldn’t be on the pitch imo we’ve got other threads saying how well coached the team are and how professional and good a job the backroom staff are doing no chance do they field an over weight unfit player 🤣 fs 

Na, it’s not nonsense to suggest he’s carrying a bit of extra timber. You can physically see it. We all can.

The point is, he may just be within the parameters that the staff deem as being acceptable (though clearly they make allowances for Alfie in general), but it’s definitely affecting his dynamism and usual pace/power.

9 hours ago, SPWF said:

Blows my mind how naive people are when it comes to our tactical set up and the player’s roles in that set up. 

People can see the tactical tweaks. 

But they can also see that the role doesn’t suit his skill set, that he isn’t playing well and that’s he’s half the player he was up until the red at the piggery.

I get some folk can’t see past him, but he’s been utter pish (comparatively) for the best part of a year. 

Swally likes this
9 hours ago, hawkfalcons said:

love the wee man I would keep him in the team on sunday he just needs a goal imo and the worse thing you can do to get his confidence up is drop him to the bench !!!

Totally disagree, he'll just be reinforcing he's useless every game that passes he doesn't score in. Last time he scored we thought that would be the turning point, it wasn't. 

Sometimes you need a break from things, he's not a robot, he's a human being and imo he needs to get his head straight. I predicted all of this would happen. Even if he does start and score this weekend I don't think it's going to make much difference just now because he's not in the right frame of mind.

I personally think if that is dealt with his road to being what he should be would be far faster than continuously throwing him in, hoping he'll score and suddenly expecting he'll want to run through walls for us.

It's also bad for the squad to be starting someone all the time who's not performing.

8 hours ago, The Beast said:

He did a power of work holding up the ball with his back to goal and providing lay offs to players running forward. He's also a master of getting to a 50/50 and winning a foul. 

He's not on his best scoring form but he brings a lot to the team that no other player we have on the books would.

Once he gets one or two goals his confidence will rise and I'd be happy to take any bet that he'll be top scorer this season.

He hasn't been doing the things you're talking about for a while now, even saw it in the last game. He wasn't doing a great job of bullying defenders or holding the ball up. All he had was a couple of flashes of good play, that's about it.

I think it's very unfair to judge every other player game to game, but Alfredo gets still judged on his 2019 form. 

It's clear he is not anywhere near the player he was just now.

9 hours ago, SPWF said:

There’s folk that sit next to me and moan when our striker stands in an offside position when the opposition have the ball (think it was defoe), they don’t realise once we retain possession their defenders are on the back foot and the striker is in a position where the ball can be played and he can run on to it.

It’s 2 women btw and one thought that because the ball was over the line once but didn’t touch the ground that it wasn’t a goal 😂(was against hibs a few years back I think)

16BlueSherbert90 likes this
8 hours ago, The Beast said:

He does a power of work holding up the ball with his back to goal and providing lay offs to players running forward. He's also a master of getting to a 50/50 and winning a foul. 

This. We still have 2nd half of season coming and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes full force to prove he is still up there as best goalscorer to get that ever desirable move. 

19 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

There's a lot of nonsense written on here about Alfie, but he is still our best striker.

He is also adapting to a new way of playing this season, and works really hard, i still think he is contributing to the team, but not with goals.

Unfortunately, turning on our own players is standard for some on here.

He is becoming a scapegoat for many, who cannot accept he is part of a winning team who have made our best start to the season , for a long while.

We always need someone to complain about.

It's not a case of turning on him it's a case of expecting more from him.....I don't get the apathy Morelos gets because of his previous goal scoring exploits...plenty of posters in here always claim that at Rangers we should never settle for second best but they are quite happy to watch an under par Morelos keep his place...it's baffling, if we are to become successful again we must always be looking to improve....if people believe that the current form of Morelos improves the team then they are entitled to their opinion....do I personally think his current form improves the team then the answer is no

We all want the Morelos of 12mnth ago playing for us but sadly he cuts a forlorn figure these days, a rest on Sunday should be on the cards but Gerrard has already stated he won't be rushing Roofe so i see Alfie starting again whether it's right or wrong 

Broxi likes this

Livingston game would be ideal to take the pressure the wee man is likely putting on himself and put big Itten in at CF , 

If Buff  can get a tap in off the big fella might well help put him back on track.

Could Kent be due  a wee rest as well as Arfield and Kamara, all have played alot in the past few weeks and will ne interesting to see how the gaffer deals with it.

Still like to see a Morelos Itten Roofe front three at some stage, well ye never know 

1 hour ago, Swally said:

Totally disagree, he'll just be reinforcing he's useless every game that passes he doesn't score in. Last time he scored we thought that would be the turning point, it wasn't. 

Sometimes you need a break from things, he's not a robot, he's a human being and imo he needs to get his head straight. I predicted all of this would happen. Even if he does start and score this weekend I don't think it's going to make much difference just now because he's not in the right frame of mind.

I personally think if that is dealt with his road to being what he should be would be far faster than continuously throwing him in, hoping he'll score and suddenly expecting he'll want to run through walls for us.

It's also bad for the squad to be starting someone all the time who's not performing.

He is performing just lacking a goal, stuck with Borna when he wasn't performing and look at him now