Morelos

Swagger

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Let it go mate. You're coming across as a bit of an Alfie hater. Probably racist tbh 

Anyone who reads this thread back will see I've been a huge supporter of Alfie throughout his entire time at Rangers.  Even when people were being very critical about the lack of goals I was praising his performances in his new role.  I still think he performs a crucial role but the lack of goals is getting a bit much now.  If you look at the SPFL goal scoring table he's not even there. 

morelos.thumb.JPG.499d8c4d61e48edf9fa3a81fb625be1f.JPG

This was a guy who scored 29 goals by this time last season.  The goals have dried up and right now I'd say there's no way we're being offered £16m for him again unless that changes.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Anyone who reads this thread back will see I've been a huge supporter of Alfie throughout his entire time at Rangers.  Even when people were being very critical about the lack of goals I was praising his performances in his new role.  I still think he performs a crucial role but the lack of goals is getting a bit much now.  If you look at the SPFL goal scoring table he's not even there. 

morelos.thumb.JPG.499d8c4d61e48edf9fa3a81fb625be1f.JPG

This was a guy who scored 29 goals by this time last season.  The goals have dried up and right now I'd say there's no way we're being offered £16m for him again unless that changes.  

You'd be as well just saying you're not racist cos you employ black housekeeping staff. Pretty disgusting and antiquated attitude these days.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Out scored by the likes of Nicky Clarke, Chris Burke and some guy from Hamilton says it all about his form. 

Exactly.  A guy on this thread just said Morelos is still our best "forward".  Roofe has been averaging a goal a game in the league despite spending most of the time in a wide role.  Roofe has 9 goal in the league, he's scoring top class goals for us in Europe, he's out best forward right now.  

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Was an excellent cameo.  I think he'd have been better than Roofe today.

Roofe driving into space in the box when given the chance set up the goal. Don’t think he deserved replaced on recent form . To be fair Alfie looked pretty sharp too when he came on 

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Was an excellent cameo.  I think he'd have been better than Roofe today.

Hard to say, Roofe offers a lot and makes decent runs and creates a lot of space and is scoring regularly but on Morelos 10 mins today it is hard to argue against starting him.

I can understand why Roofe is making a case to be out best forward and why the manager would play him there.  However, Roofe can get us 20+ goals a season from that wide right position and that's where I'd like to see him stay.  That CF position should be for Morelos and Itten to compete for.  

14 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

No reason why Roofe & Morelos can't play together in a front 3. For me, they are the best two forward options.  The other spot goes to Kent, Hagi or Itten.

I don't think we'll get the most out of Itten from a wide position.  Kent and Hagi's form has been a bit hit and miss this season.  I do think another wide attacker would be useful in January. 

1 minute ago, TMB said:

I don't think we'll get the most out of Itten from a wide position.  Kent and Hagi's form has been a bit hit and miss this season.  I do think another wide attacker would be useful in January. 

The front 3 are all interchangeable. None of them play as wingers.

Today's goal and assist is a prime example.

Archived