• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pass completion means fuck all when the 3 out of 10 passes he doesn’t make are that bad they allow the opposing team to counter attack like at  Liege it happened 4 times    The new role excuse

12 goals in 2 games, none from Morelos or Defoe. A million miles from last season when the two of them were our only real source of goals.

His wee mood today was hilarious. That's the attitude I want from my striker tbh. Shows he has knuckled down and cares 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Thing is though, if hopefully he does hit form, we'll win games 2 or 3, i think we'll win the league. 

I get the Management are playing him a different way, but that shouldn't impact on his first touch which really lets him down at the moment, especially in front of goal, or his shooting, when he even does.  This time last year he was controlling the ball, shooting and scoring with ease. Not so this season. Let's hope he gets that back, but it's certainly not there at the moment, nor is it anything to do with different tactics. He hasn't been told not to control a ball, shoot and score ffs!

The couple of efforts he had on Thursday hardly threatened, if he had been more aware on both we had a man slap bang in front of goal, a square pass would have resulted in two tap ins.

HG5 likes this
3 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

The mental gymnastics some on here are making, to try and make Morelos a big part of our current form is staggering... 

what’s staggering is how you can’t see what he’s bringing to the side. Is he on top form? No. But he’s still contributing, and if he wasn’t he wouldn’t be starting 

56 minutes ago, SPWF said:

what’s staggering is how you can’t see what he’s bringing to the side. Is he on top form? No. But he’s still contributing, and if he wasn’t he wouldn’t be starting 

By that reasoning is Barker contributing much? Was Ejaria or Ojo contributing much when regulars for us?? If Roofe was fully fit I doubt Morelos would be getting much game time.. 

Id imagine Gerrard is as desperate as all of us to get either Morelos of old back of a big fee for him aswell which is probably contributing to him continuing to start...

jjbscotty12 and GA1972 like this
13 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Thing is though, if hopefully he does hit form, we'll win games 2 or 3, i think we'll win the league. 

That's a fair point, if we're doing so well without him being in form, surely we'll be unstoppable if he does click. Regardless it's good to see we don't rely on him heavily like we did at one time, we have numerous others who can step up and change a game.

15 hours ago, SPWF said:

Barker contributed in the scum win. Should he continue in every game until we drop points?

14 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Id imagine Gerrard is as desperate as all of us to get either Morelos of old back of a big fee for him aswell which is probably contributing to him continuing to start...

I'd imagine Gerrard doesn't give a fuck right now about anything of the sort. Winning Europa games and getting 3 league points will be his sole driver in picking his starting 11.

I remember reading or watching a thing on Gerrard (think it was Peter Crouch) when he was playing that when new players came into the team he would drill the ball as hard as he could at their feet to see how they control the ball, I hope Gerrard has had Morelos on the training pitch and just pinged balls to him, the only thing letting him down is his touch imo 

14 hours ago, berkshirebear said:

Aye Gerrards continuing to play a fat petulant liability with a shite first touch who can’t pass a ball in the hope somebody sees this shite ineffective player and offers 20 million bangers  🤣