No longer suprised

hammer93

The biggest compliment I can give this Rangers side in Europe nowadays is that winning 2-0 away from home to a Belgian side is no longer a shock....I think many in here would have been predicting before the game that we would come away with the 3pts

It's hard to believe how far we have come in a couple of years at this level....whilst I fully appreciate we are not at champions league level we are more than comfortable at Europa level

I remember Rangers went around 8 or 9 trips to Germany without scoring a goal before Fergie scored in Bochum against Russian opposition 😅😅 I actually expect us to score a minimum of one goal away from home nowadays 

Delighted with the 3pts tonight as the feel good factor rolls on

I felt confident we would beat Willem ii.  I felt confident we would beat Galatasaray.  I felt confident we would beat Celtic.  I felt confident we would win again tonight.

Gerrard has done an incredible job with this team.  We are unified as a team and everyone is behind the manager.  The belief is back.  Something special is happening at Rangers right now.  Too early to say we'll win the title but it'll take some team to stop us the way we're playing.

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We have beat some CL group level sides in the last two seasons imo

If Gerrard sticks with us and continues to build there's no reason why we can't qualify for the Champions League next year.  Then we make the big money.  

We are a very good European outfit. I’ve said that a few times now and I stand by it 100%.

Like @Rangers_no1 says above we have beat some Champions League calibre teams in the past few years and we have done it over a period of time now where it can no longer be considered a fluke.

18 minutes ago, TMB said:

I felt confident we would beat Willem ii.  I felt confident we would beat Galatasaray.  I felt confident we would beat Celtic.  I felt confident we would win again tonight.

Gerrard has done an incredible job with this team.  We are unified as a team and everyone is behind the manager.  The belief is back.  Something special is happening at Rangers right now.  Too early to say we'll win the title but it'll take some team to stop us the way we're playing.

I feel like I'm aboard an absolute blue juggernaut right now, got my Rangers back, glorious stuff. 

1 minute ago, don logan said:

There were a couple of games away in the last two years that we drew but should have won. Young Boys being one of them.

Young boys beat us thanks to two tav mistakes.

at the risk of jinxing it, tav has been superb this season so far with very little mistakes if any.  The whole defence has been.

Just now, don logan said:

My memory isn't what it used to be. Age thing.

Only reason I remember the game there like it was yesterday was because I watched it in Dubai and smashed my phone off the ground shouting and bawling at tav. 😂

We’ve gotten results against a standard of team that we’ve struggled against in Europe before with much more expensive and experienced squads 

It comes down to domestic trophies ultimately and that’s where success will be measured but no denying Gerrard has shown a brilliant ability to make us competitive in Europe

4 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Only reason I remember the game there like it was yesterday was because I watched it in Dubai and smashed my phone off the ground shouting and bawling at tav. 😂

Thought we’d blown the chance to progress out the groups that night, followed up with the brilliant Porto results though 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It is just a matter of time before the continent comes calling for our players. We have beaten a lot of impressive teams in the last two years. Gerrard has put us back in the limelight.

That team we beat tonight are demanding 20m for some of their players.  

1.thumb.JPG.f9e8afdadb33f033d531591aa9e676d7.JPG

11 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

We’ve gotten results against a standard of team that we’ve struggled against in Europe before with much more expensive and experienced squads 

It comes down to domestic trophies ultimately and that’s where success will be measured but no denying Gerrard has shown a brilliant ability to make us competitive in Europe

Spot on bud... we were turned out of the champions league twice in the 90s from Sparta Prague and Levski Sofia.....that's the kind of level of opposition we are dealing with comfortably now

19 minutes ago, Vision said:

It's a fantastic achievement the progression we've made in such a short time and the teams we've beat should have plaudits ringing out from all corners around Europe.

Only place we'll not get credit is this shitehole

Pot fucking three my arse.

12 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

So are we to be fair

I think many in our support don't believe we can demand a fee like that.  We should be asking big money and not just for Morelos.  Kent, Kamara, Aribo, Barisic are all quality players.  These European results will be getting noticed and I'm sure teams will come sniffing soon enough.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

We have beat some CL group level sides in the last two seasons imo

Wed have made the CL group stages the past 2 seasons with their route across the city had we just had the balls to win the league, incredibly frustrating. 

Hopefully we can showcase our talents this season in the CL

Archived