Who was the last Ranger to...........................

5 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

........................ score from their own half before tonight? 

I know Peter McCloy did it in the 70's from a goal kick, but it was a reserve game, so not in the first team. Any offers?

Andy Penman?

3 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Tell us more?

Fuck me, where to begin... My da was at the match and said to me ( I was 8, 9 or 10) wait til you see this goal the morra on Scotsport. 

Well doesn't Arthur Montford and STV fuck it and the screen goes black just as he shoots!

I think I did eventually see it but Andy was famous for long distance goals.

I just said in the Roofe thread that tonight's goal may be the best ever and I've seen a lot.

Maybe this 😂

As is noted in the Official Biography of Rangers, written by Ronnie Esplin and Graham Walker: "The game featured the usual controversies. Indiscipline and harassment of the referee resulted in celtic having two players sent off following George Young's spectacular 50-yard free kick that gave Rangers a 4-1 lead in the second half."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-football/10545384/Flashback-Rangers-trounce-celtic-in-New-Years-Day-Old-Firm-in-wartime-fixture-that-time-forgot.html

6 hours ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Maybe this 😂

As is noted in the Official Biography of Rangers, written by Ronnie Esplin and Graham Walker: "The game featured the usual controversies. Indiscipline and harassment of the referee resulted in celtic having two players sent off following George Young's spectacular 50-yard free kick that gave Rangers a 4-1 lead in the second half."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-football/10545384/Flashback-Rangers-trounce-celtic-in-New-Years-Day-Old-Firm-in-wartime-fixture-that-time-forgot.html

That would be with an old heavy leather ball too?

Archived