190 members have voted

1. 1. Best Rangers goal?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gazza's goal against Aberdeen should be in the poll. Whittakers goal should be in there... Hately's goal against Leeds... But without a doubt, the best goal I have ever saw in a Rangers shirt was

Obviously influenced heavily by tonights sensational strike from Roofe, I just thought it would be interesting to put it alongside some of our other stunners. Apologies to bears of a certain vintage,

Some absolute stunners in there. For long strikes, Konterman's is a shade better than the ones from Der Hammer and Mendez imo (although they're all dynamite).

Roofe's is absolutely wild. I think the fact he even tried is what instantly makes it better than the usual long range bullets. Many have scored those at other clubs, but not sure I've ever seen anyone chip the keeper from 55 yards after skinning a whole defence.

The Gazza one is obviously exceptional but the closing down was dreadful.

Cooper's is the only one that rivals it. I'll go with Roofe though because I'm still buzzing from it :lol:

gmcf likes this

No even a contest for me. Requires much more skill to do what Cooper did in the Dryburgh. Never seen anything like it either. For all Roofe's was unbelievable and easily goal of the season material, I can't say the same about it. 

Davie wins by a distance for me.

gmcf, Bears, dougie76 and 1 other like this
11 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Obviously influenced heavily by tonights sensational strike from Roofe, I just thought it would be interesting to put it alongside some of our other stunners. Apologies to bears of a certain vintage, as I am only using ones from my lifetime....and ones that spring to mind as being 'top notch'. Let me know if I've missed anything obvious. Was going to add the judas cunts one v Sporting, but recalled Gazza's great goal V Bucharest so went with that one instead!

Brilliant OP to be fair mate . Never tire of seeing any of these amazing goals, from the club we love 

BlueboyG and LegendofCoop like this
8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Take a chill pill bud . It was only his take on some magic Gers moments

Nothing is set in stone . Jesus 

:lol: fuck off, I'm perfectly calm - everyone is pointing out goals are missing mate go cry to them as well. 

12 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Can someone enlighten me? Why is ibrox empty in the game Gazza scores against Bucharest 

Wasn't empty, 30k there mate. But yeah, would be a lot more now. Back then folk tended to find the asking prices for CL games a bit on the high side and that meant it wasn't always a sellout. People just tend to find a way of paying it now in a way they didn't back then. We're getting more used to the idea of the significantly inflated prices. Folk probably on average have a wee bit more disposable income nowadays than 25 years ago too.

Also by that time our chances in the group were already looking slim.

Nk89 likes this
12 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Gazza's goal against Aberdeen should be in the poll. Whittakers goal should be in there... Hately's goal against Leeds...

But without a doubt, the best goal I have ever saw in a Rangers shirt was Kemar Roofe about six hours ago.

McCoist's against Leeds as well, Ray Wilkins against them. But Gazza's goal against Aberdeen is the best - Roofe might make it to second tho'! 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Wasn't empty, 30k there mate. But yeah, would be a lot more now. Back then folk tended to find the asking prices for CL games a bit on the high side and that meant it wasn't always a sellout. People just tend to find a way of paying it now in a way they didn't back then. We're getting more used to the idea of the significantly inflated prices. Folk probably on average have a wee bit more disposable income nowadays than 25 years ago too.

Also by that time our chances in the group were already looking slim.

We became used to being in the group stages every year and people would turn their nose up at paying the money for certain games against so called less glamorous sides. Seems unbelievable now but its a fact.

13 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Gazza's goal against Aberdeen should be in the poll. Whittakers goal should be in there... Hately's goal against Leeds...

But without a doubt, the best goal I have ever saw in a Rangers shirt was Kemar Roofe about six hours ago.

Gazza scored a few goals better than his one against steaua to be honest.

13 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Gazza scored a few goals better than his one against steaua to be honest.

hammer93 and bluenoz like this
1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

:lol: fuck off, I'm perfectly calm - everyone is pointing out goals are missing mate go cry to them as well. 

Sensitive soul 😄no goals are missing from the OP .Every one of them are brilliant .The list is endless tbh 

Seen hundreds of great goals from our club over the years 

Bluepeter9 likes this
49 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

McCoist's against Leeds as well, Ray Wilkins against them. But Gazza's goal against Aberdeen is the best - Roofe might make it to second tho'! 

Alex Miller v scum last minute 1980 to win at piggery 

Random but that’s what we have .Everyone sees different .I just see unbelievable goals .Yet Coops will never be beaten for me .Ever 

gmcf likes this
2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Sensitive soul 😄no goals are missing from the OP .Every one of them are brilliant .The list is endless tbh 

Seen hundreds of great goals from our club over the years 

That's brilliant mate .You have a good day .Back to the goals          .

eejay the dj likes this
7 hours ago, Swagger said:

Breaks my heart to vote against anything Davie Cooper did but there was so much to Roofes goal last night that he just nicks it. The strength, determination, skill and execution was perfect.

Awful conditions too. 

I was thinking the very same thing. I was at Hampden to witness Coops goal, but Roofe's goal last night was really out of this world.