Best Rangers goal?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Best Rangers goal?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Alex Miller v scum last minute 1980 to win at piggery 

Random but that’s what we have .Everyone sees different .I just see unbelievable goals .Yet Coops will never be beaten for me .Ever 

Coops goal was something special - and yes it's all about opinions and sometimes the occasion, technically Edu's 93 min goal against them, or Tom Forsyth's goal in SCF were not the best but at same time both would make it to my top 10! Celebrating Roofe's goal last night - you just knew it was an instant classic and when we have these debates in the future it will be one of the goals we discuss. It's great having these memories, here's to many more.

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Alex Miller v scum last minute 1980 to win at piggery 

Random but that’s what we have .Everyone sees different .I just see unbelievable goals .Yet Coops will never be beaten for me .Ever 

My first win at p......d , that one . Jim Bett iirc , scored the first . 

28 minutes ago, gmcf said:

My first win at p......d , that one . Jim Bett iirc , scored the first . 

Mine too. My mates were beginning to think I was a jinx. I was a few year younger than them and wasn't allowed to go to the piggery for all the games against them. Anytime I did go we lost, that changed when Alex Miller hit that screamer.

27 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

First OF game after the riot final .Made up for the heartbreak of losing a final we should never have lost .

We had to wait 9 years until the next win there 

We humped them 3-0 at Ibrox in November, after that 2-1 game. I've said it before, I really thought we were going to win the league that season but it all fell apart. 

11 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

We humped them 3-0 at Ibrox in November, after that 2-1 game. I've said it before, I really thought we were going to win the league that season but it all fell apart. 

Macadam double and McDonald .

Bud ran riot that day 

37 minutes ago, real boydie9 said:

Yeah , we started off well . I remember going up to Tannadice and being 4-0 up at HT and also beating killie 8-1 . . . at least,  I think it was the same season :lol:

7 hours ago, Inigo said:

Wasn't empty, 30k there mate. But yeah, would be a lot more now. Back then folk tended to find the asking prices for CL games a bit on the high side and that meant it wasn't always a sellout. People just tend to find a way of paying it now in a way they didn't back then. We're getting more used to the idea of the significantly inflated prices. Folk probably on average have a wee bit more disposable income nowadays than 25 years ago too.

Also by that time our chances in the group were already looking slim.

Didn't think we got the game packages back then and it was game to game you had to buy and we were already out by then, could be wrong right enough.That was my first European game 

19 hours ago, peter huistra said:

Cooper's was poetry in motion a sublime piece of genius from a true artist of the game.

The two goals at Elland Road are pretty special and Durrant's v Marseille are close to my heart, every Rangers goal is, I think Novo in the cup final is deserving of a mention but tonight Roofe has scored one of the best goals this century for the club and it's great that his goal will be shown world wide across the globe for days a goal every football fan will want to see.

Another one I was thinking of putting in there. I really could have been at that all night though :lol: 

19 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Gazza's goal against Aberdeen should be in the poll. Whittakers goal should be in there... Hately's goal against Leeds...

But without a doubt, the best goal I have ever saw in a Rangers shirt was Kemar Roofe about six hours ago.

You're not wrong with any of them mate. 

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Surprised you didn’t pick Gazza v the sheep to win 8 in a row aswell @LegendofCoop

:lol: See above. For every goal I did put up, I'm getting 3 other suggestions. As important as his 8IAR goal was, I thought the Bucharest goal was better because of the opposition. :tu: 

The op suggested goals to vote on, he could have picked many more but where does it stop, the thing it has done is let us see some of the best goals that were otherwise forgotten or out of mind, I personally loved watching all those clips, some real class goals in that lot.

Thanks OP and everyone who posted those clips, thoroughly enjoyed that. I just can’t pick one. For me they were all a 10/10, clearly different in their own ways, from team goals to solo runs to volleys to hammer shots to the sublimely skillful. Even by categorizing them I’d still have a hard time saying that Mendez’s goal was better than Albertz’s. 
what I can say about Roffe’s goal is it’s the best goal hit from our own half. How about that?🤓

Like others have said, sometimes it's the circumstances a goal is scored in that makes it great. The Lovenkrands late winner in the Scottish cup final might be my favourite all time Rangers goal. 

Roofe probably takes the poll for me but I still voted for Albertz, that free kick is obscene, and it's against they cunts for bonus points.

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

The op suggested goals to vote on, he could have picked many more but where does it stop, the thing it has done is let us see some of the best goals that were otherwise forgotten or out of mind, I personally loved watching all those clips, some real class goals in that lot.

39 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Thanks OP and everyone who posted those clips, thoroughly enjoyed that. I just can’t pick one. For me they were all a 10/10, clearly different in their own ways, from team goals to solo runs to volleys to hammer shots to the sublimely skillful. Even by categorizing them I’d still have a hard time saying that Mendez’s goal was better than Albertz’s. 
what I can say about Roffe’s goal is it’s the best goal hit from our own half. How about that?🤓

Cheers guys. The list indeed could have been a whole page and more. Some mean more to others than the ones I posted do to me, it's all an individual choice. So many I could and should have posted, but to my mind, there's only two that really are standouts (even taking others mentioned in the thread) and that's Cooper & Roofe. 

Archived