*****Official Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Don't like that team in all honesty - Jack domestically against teams like Livingston, I thought we learned that lesson and Defoe hasn't played in so long, and it's a physical team

Maybe I'm over analysing due to nerves and chance to extend our league. A nice early goal will settle me and prove me wrong.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defoe won't start many games this season. He's not in the Europa squad either. He may pick up niggles through the season. Roofe as stated by Gerrard is not ready to start. Morelos has lost his goal scoring touch (but still contributing). This is one of the few ideal games that may suit Defoe.

Itten starting is a fair shout but he'll have many more chances throughout the season. Aribo, Hagi, Kent, Tav and Shirley will create chances and Defoe is arguably our best finisher. Defoe will score today.

The bench is ridiculous.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

Steven Gerrard walks in to do his team talk

”Right guys you don’t need a team talk here, you all know what’s in front of you, go out and grab it”.

Walks out chest puffed out proud. 🇬🇧

that's way more than he needs to say. 

if i were gerrard i'd just show everyone the celtic score and that's it. nothing else needed.

19 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Defoe before Itten is bizarre. Understand Roofe not starting because we’re easing him back 

Can see itten replacing defoe after an hour. Defoe not played in ages and are a physical team, harder to break down as I can see them sitting behind the ball. Will rely on defoes instinct and finishing to break the deadlock, then bring itten in when defoe is tiring and livi are trying to get back into the game if we are only 1 or 2 ahead.

Archived