*****Official Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

:lol: No it fucking hasn't. Scum drop 2 points and we win. That's off the back of what has already gone on in the past week.

Mate about 20 years ago off the back of European games we used to say that a 1-0 victory at the weekend was acceptable. This is exactly what we're seeing today. All is good.

Of course it is .No one more happy than me .I was referring to the second half . 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said at the start I'd take a backs to the wall shite, hanging on performance as long as its 3 points. But after the game I can't help feel a wee bit disappointed. The fact I'm a bit disappointed after a comfortable win makes me feel like maybe the standards are starting to pick up again 

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

We play Lech Poznań first on Thursday though, which focus has to be on but I get what you’re saying in terms of domestic importance.

Aye, league over Europe for me. Main objective already achieved in that respect - banking the group stage cash

15 minutes ago, miracle said:

Good days work.   Keep up the momentum and put some more daylight between us and the mhanky mob who are in freefall.

i think it would be dangerous to think they are in freefall   they are not playing well with a shit defence  but that can change lets just concentrate on ourselves

5 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Aye, league over Europe for me. Main objective already achieved in that respect - banking the group stage cash

Aye although I reckon we could even win this group though if not comfortably second, so the run may actually go on a bit.

24 minutes ago, billscott said:

i think it would be dangerous to think they are in freefall   they are not playing well with a shit defence  but that can change lets just concentrate on ourselves

I'm absolutely delighted with what's happened in the past week or so, but if they win their game in hand, its only 3 points!

Rightly said we just focus on winning each of our games.  If we keep winning then we will see how they handle that pressure?

6 hours ago, Orange and Blue said:

Mcgregor

Tavernier Goldson  Helander Bassie

Davis

Jack           Aribo

Hagi                         Kent

Morelos

Hard fought 2-0 win Gers!!🇬🇧

Not a bad guess at score and the line up just defoe in place of Morelos was the difference:sherlock:

3 minutes ago, don logan said:

Agree. Looked like his legs had gone before the season was halted. But playing with vigour this season.

Playing like a man possessed was my thoughts when I seen him sprinting back to give the ball back to greegsy

What a really superb week and a good result to top it all off.

No doubt for about 70 minutes it was dull and boring but it made me feel nostalgic in terms of how routine a victory it was. The type of victory that in May you don't remember but it meant just as much as all the other ones. It was a very Walter-esque performance from us today.

Great vision from Hagi to spot Aribo for the first and the second was absolutely superb. The ball from Tav was sensational and the finish from Defoe was brilliant, feed him and he'll score. When was the last time Tav didn't score or get assist? Fantastic form from our captain.

Big week ahead. I fully expect us to beat Lech Poznan and then a huge game against Kilmarnock. They always seem to be the team that stops us just as things are starting to build so there is a mental thing there. Also if you combine that with the opportunity to go 9 points ahead it's a big moment in the season. I'll happily take two more dull 2-0 victories.

6 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

What a really superb week and a good result to top it all off.

No doubt for about 70 minutes it was dull and boring but it made me feel nostalgic in terms of how routine a victory it was. The type of victory that in May you don't remember but it meant just as much as all the other ones. It was a very Walter-esque performance from us today.

Great vision from Hagi to spot Aribo for the first and the second was absolutely superb. The ball from Tav was sensational and the finish from Defoe was brilliant, feed him and he'll score. When was the last time Tav didn't score or get assist? Fantastic form from our captain.

Big week ahead. I fully expect us to beat Lech Poznan and then a huge game against Kilmarnock. They always seem to be the team that stops us just as things are starting to build so there is a mental thing there. Also if you combine that with the opportunity to go 9 points ahead it's a big moment in the season. I'll happily take two more dull 2-0 victories.

Today may have been boring but keep playing like this and we’re laughing. Couple of early goals to settle us down then it’s just about game management. If we score more then great but get those early goals and keep clean sheets and onto the next game 

Our midfield is tremendous and we now have the ability to rotate players in all positions (maybe excluding tav)  who come in do their job and do it to the T. It’s been a fantastic week but we all know we have a long way to go and if we keep playing with the intensity and control we have been, then the futures bright.

5 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Today may have been boring but keep playing like this and we’re laughing. Couple of early goals to settle us down then it’s just about game management. If we score more then great but get those early goals and keep clean sheets and onto the next game 

Spot on about this. We keep it tight at the back then we will only ever need the one or two goals which is handy when we're having an off day. I don't know why I hadn't clocked it until today but 3 conceded in 12 league games and 10 clean sheets. Outstanding stuff.

4 hours ago, chris182 said:

Results in EL are important for OUR coefficient, not just Scotland's. If we win 55 this year the more coefficient points we earn this year the more chance we have of getting through CL qualifiers and the riches that come with that. It is therefore a balance, pick up enough EL points without jeopardizing league points. Poznan at home is a good opportunity to get into a strong position in EL

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Results in EL are important for OUR coefficient, not just Scotland's. If we win 55 this year the more coefficient points we earn this year the more chance we have of getting through CL qualifiers and the riches that come with that. It is therefore a balance, pick up enough EL points without jeopardizing league points. Poznan at home is a good opportunity to get into a strong position in EL

I get that but it's no competition for me. The league is what will determine SG's legacy. 

Archived