*****Official Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

11 hours ago, ayrshireranger said:

Ten men behind the ball. IMO Jones would be an answer, just get him running at and getting in behind their defence. Playing in front of them will suit them all day, with their two banks of four, quick one touch football with the pace from Jones, Kent even Barker would unsettle them and pull them out of position, create holes and channels.  Which the front 3 and attacking midfielders (Hagi, Aribo Arfield) can exploit. Davis can sit all day as playmaker and keep pumping balls in behind them and we can switch wings at speed, as Standard did to us. Constant switching use of the full backs and wide players at speed. Livingston are pretty bog standard skill wise, if hard working, and wont like being dragged all over the place. 

Getting behind them in a major issue considering there will be at least 9 players camped on the edge of there 18 yard line. 

Everything will be played in front of Livi, I think it’s a game for Aribo, Hagi etc 

ayrshireranger likes this
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ten minutes away from the end of an incredible week for us, by the way, let's not lose sight of that. 

Can't see them dropping points unfortunately. Need to get a run going now. None of this slipping up pish. This season has a different feel to it as if something might actually be happening f

Posted Images

Gaffer needs to get three points , doesn't need to be pretty and make full use of the five subs to get as many rested as required so the team is raring to go on Thursday.

I know for many the main focus is  55 but we need these win bonuses in Europe even more without the gate money we would normally be expecting. 

These are the type of days that we need to swat them aside, don’t give them or the tarriers any hope. 

Hopefully the sheep turn up for a change, fancy McCrorie to score against them. But, regardless of their result we have to get 3 points in a convincing manner

57 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Don’t understand the 3pm kick off when there’s no fans in the stadium.

Its in awkward time for watching it in the house. Should be 12.30/1.

In fairness, I think the players would much prefer the 3pm kick off for more recovery time. Especially after a tough European game on Thursday.

The recent announcement of 3 of our Nov/Dec games being moved to 12pm on Sundays gives me the fear given they’ll largely follow European ties. 

Rfc52 likes this