Aribo

Was glad to see Aribo back last night and from what I could make out in the horrible conditions, he is going to be an absolutely key player for us.

I think he is likely to take Hagi's spot in the team and adds a bit of physicality that we have are missing in that area.

Hagi's form has been a bit hit or miss so far this season, but I have absolutely no doubt that Gerrard will improve him with some training, like we are seeing from so many of the team, and he will improve and become a great player for us.

A key player for us this season , he really us a player you love to watch . 

While the team runs like a well oiled machine,  he and Kent have that wee special bit extra that can produce something out of nothing . 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Big season this for Aribo.

A couple of fleeting glimpses here and there isn’t good enough.

Looks like he’ll be deployed in that wide right position but i’m not sure that’s his best position.

He was our best player before he got injured 

Was curious to see if he'd pick up where he left off, hardly any real time to prove it but absolutely looks like he has.

He should not be played on the right though. I would like to see one of these:

Morelos
Kent Aribo Roofe
Zungu Kamara

Roofe
Kent Aribo Hagi
Zungu Kamara

Kent Morelos Roofe
Aribo Zungu Kamara

Zungu or Davis, whoever it ends up being. But Aribo will be wasted on the right I think. 

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Big season this for Aribo.

A couple of fleeting glimpses here and there isn’t good enough.

Looks like he’ll be deployed in that wide right position but i’m not sure that’s his best position.

Got to be in the midfield 3 against the jobbers 

57 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Was curious to see if he'd pick up where he left off, hardly any real time to prove it but absolutely looks like he has.

He should not be played on the right though. I would like to see one of these:

Morelos
Kent Aribo Roofe
Zungu Kamara

Roofe
Kent Aribo Hagi
Zungu Kamara

Kent Morelos Roofe
Aribo Zungu Kamara

Zungu or Davis, whoever it ends up being. But Aribo will be wasted on the right I think. 

It shows our absolutely ridiculous depth in our squad that you’ve not included Jack or Arfeild in any of they three 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

The thing is we have not missed him gives you the idea of our strength this season, you thought we would have as he was one of our standout players in the early games. 

Tend to agree apart from the Livingston game....that was the first game he missed and it showed big time 

11 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

I was saying last night, it's pretty mad that we've still got Aribo and Roofe to come back fully into this team, and this Zungu lad too who I'm assuming will be getting game time in the coming weeks. Exciting stuff.

I had actually forgot about Zungu.

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Where are people wanting to post lineups with Zungu like that's the way forward? At the expense of Arfield? No thanks!

Zungu is at the bottom of the pile for a midfield role and no evidence(at the moment) should anyone want to be starting him.

Would agree with this, Arfield has really come back onto a game in recent weeks. I thought his legs were gone last season but he looks back to his best now 

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Tend to agree apart from the Livingston game....that was the first game he missed and it showed big time 

It's a bit like last night I though Helander and Davis should have started instead of Balogun and Jack who I thought may not be fit it shows the depth of squad to leave out those two very good players.

13 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Where are people wanting to post lineups with Zungu like that's the way forward? At the expense of Arfield? No thanks!

Zungu is at the bottom of the pile for a midfield role and no evidence(at the moment) should anyone want to be starting him.

Different positions/roles and he was likely signed as a starter and will be given his chance there when he’s fit. 

Zungu will compete with Davis and Jack, less so Arfield

Any other new signing would be assumed to go straight into the team in these kind of things. The point is the position of Aribo the rest didn’t matter anyway 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

Front three of Kent, Roofe and Aribo for the weekend please 👍

Absolutely changed days where we can change the front three like this and improve it. The options up-front are frightening:

• Morelos
  • Defoe
  • Itten
  • Roofe
  • Kent
  • Aribo
  • Hagi
  • Jones

...then there's Barker

17 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

It shows our absolutely ridiculous depth in our squad that you’ve not included Jack or Arfeild in any of they three 

As mentioned above, other positions weren’t too important other than maybe Morelos/Roofe/Hagi fitting in around Aribo. Everyone else was just placeholders, main purpose was to show where I’d like Aribo to fit in 

Archived