Aribo

At the start of the season I was reading scout reports on Aribo and they talked about how vital Aribo is in that position further forward, his dribbling stats were pretty impressive this was based on last season only Kamara came close in terms of how far he drives the ball forward, they said he creates so many chances for the striker from the right side.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/joe-aribo-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

54 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Where are people wanting to post lineups with Zungu like that's the way forward? At the expense of Arfield? No thanks!

Zungu is at the bottom of the pile for a midfield role and no evidence(at the moment) should anyone want to be starting him.

Gerrard has already said he won’t rush Roofe into the team and the same goes with Zungu.  Give the lad time to adapt and get some gradual game time from the bench.

46 minutes ago, Smile said:

It's a bit like last night I though Helander and Davis should have started instead of Balogun and Jack who I thought may not be fit it shows the depth of squad to leave out those two very good players.

It's good to be in a strong position with the squad, I would drop Kamara on Sunday purely because of the games coming up and I never want to see Jack and Kamara in the same team against the likes of Livingston & other SPL fodder, big away games and in Europe its totally understandable though.

49 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Different positions/roles and he was likely signed as a starter and will be given his chance there when he’s fit. 

Zungu will compete with Davis and Jack, less so Arfield

Any other new signing would be assumed to go straight into the team in these kind of things. The point is the position of Aribo the rest didn’t matter anyway 

The thing is that with the new subs rule, having a big squad who are ready to play and not lower the standard, is a huge positive for us.

The old 2 players for each position is now in place.

47 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

At the start of the season I was reading scout reports on Aribo and they talked about how vital Aribo is in that position further forward, his dribbling stats were pretty impressive this was based on last season only Kamara came close in terms of how far he drives the ball forward, they said he creates so many chances for the striker from the right side.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/joe-aribo-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

The dribble stats were true at Charlton as well.  Here's the article from his Charlton days: https://footballbh.net/2019/06/04/tactical-analysis-charlton-athletic-joe-aribo-league-one-analysis/

1 hour ago, simplythebestest said:

Absolutely changed days where we can change the front three like this and improve it. The options up-front are frightening:

• Morelos
  • Defoe
  • Itten
  • Roofe
  • Kent
  • Aribo
  • Hagi
  • Jones

...then there's Barker

...and Stewart

😳

I understood why Gerrard brought him on, and he did fine, but on paper probably the worst player to bring on in those conditions.

I saw him struggle quite a few times because he was trying to be a bit too cute on the ball. When the puddles were forming the only real way to deal with it is to be direct, no nonsense and launch it at your team mates.

You could still see his quality but I bet he was glad when the game ended :lol:

7 minutes ago, Swally said:

I understood why Gerrard brought him on, and he did fine, but on paper probably the worst player to bring on in those conditions.

I saw him struggle quite a few times because he was trying to be a bit too cute on the ball. When the puddles were forming the only real way to deal with it is to be direct, no nonsense and launch it at your team mates.

You could still see his quality but I bet he was glad when the game ended :lol:

Don't agree, thought he looked good when he came on. Can't judge anybody based on that last 25 minutes.

Holding on to the ball was a smart thing, worst thing you could do was pass the ball along the ground over longer distances. You either keep the ball or you launch it. He looked strong and tidy and exactly the style he was showing pre-injury that would have shown on a better pitch and don't think he was the wrong player to bring on at all for reasons stated

Just now, Broxi said:

Don't agree, thought he looked good when he came on. Can't judge anybody based on that last 25 minutes.

Holding on to the ball was a smart thing, worst thing you could do was pass the ball along the ground over longer distances. You either keep the ball or you launch it. He looked strong and tidy and exactly the style he was showing pre-injury that would have shown on a better pitch and don't think he was the wrong player to bring on at all for reasons stated

I said he did fine and followed with on paper* probably the worst player to bring on in those conditions.

don't know what you're disagreeing with tbh

i certainly wouldn't have brought on any player just back from injury or who is tidy in their play in those conditions

but then again we wouldn't have aribo who in my assessment did fine, and an amazing roofe goal

2 minutes ago, Swally said:

I said he did fine and followed with on paper* probably the worst player to bring on in those conditions.

don't know what you're disagreeing with tbh

i certainly wouldn't have brought on any player just back from injury or who is tidy in their play in those conditions

but then again we wouldn't have aribo who in my assessment did fine, and an amazing roofe goal

Disagreeing that he was the worst player to bring on. There were two options, keep the ball on you or play it in the air. Aribo is good for both of those options

4 hours ago, Smile said:

The thing is we have not missed him gives you the idea of our strength this season, you thought we would have as he was one of our standout players in the early games. 

Credit goes to Arfield and Davis, they have looked great this season. Both looked like their legs had gone last season. Maybe Arfield has benefited from no international duty, but Canada's squad is going to be announced in a couple of weeks.

But Beale has to be given some credit too, that third midfielder has been given more license to get forward this year. Everyone looks comfortable with the formation and tactics.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Not sure what Joes best position is but he's such a good player he has to start most of our games assuming he's 100% fit.

I think his best position is CM. Where Arfield is playing just now. He excelled in that position at the beginning of the season. However, just seeing him back and on the pitch is good enough for me. Hopefully we can see him with a good run of games now. 

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Front three of Kent, Roofe and Aribo for the weekend please 👍

Following Gerrard's comments today I can't see Roofe starting, he'll come on as a sub.

11 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

Credit goes to Arfield and Davis, they have looked great this season. Both looked like their legs had gone last season. Maybe Arfield has benefited from no international duty, but Canada's squad is going to be announced in a couple of weeks.

But Beale has to be given some credit too, that third midfielder has been given more license to get forward this year. Everyone looks comfortable with the formation and tactics.

Agree Arfield retiring from Canada will help and Davis just looks like he's rolling back the yers just now. Yes, Beales seems to be a very good tactical coach.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Agree Arfield retiring from Canada will help and Davis just looks like he's rolling back the yers just now. Yes, Beales seems to be a very good tactical coach.

I don't think Arfield has, he said today he hasn't. The reason why he hasn't been playing is because Canada haven't actually played since last year. He said the squad is announced in a couple of weeks, we'll see what happens. If he is called up, I hope it's not at the costs of us.

I think the whole squad seems to be together, they all want it. There is a cohesion between them. Something has clicked, well it seems that way.

Just now, maverick1200 said:

I don't think Arfield has, he said today he hasn't. The reason why he hasn't been playing is because Canada haven't actually played since last year. He said the squad is announced in a couple of weeks, we'll see what happens. If he is called up, I hope it's not at the costs of us.

I think the whole squad seems to be together, they all want it. There is a cohesion between them. Something has clicked, well it seems that way.

I assumed he had I'm sure I read it somewhere could just be something I read on another forum and not confirmed.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I assumed he had I'm sure I read it somewhere could just be something I read on another forum and not confirmed.

I thought the same, Gerrard mentioned something about it in a press conference until Arfield pretty much unconfirmed it today in the press conference. 

3 hours ago, simplythebestest said:

Absolutely changed days where we can change the front three like this and improve it. The options up-front are frightening:

• Morelos
  • Defoe
  • Itten
  • Roofe
  • Kent
  • Aribo
  • Hagi
  • Jones

...then there's Barker

Greg Stewart as well but he's not really featured at all.

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Disagreeing that he was the worst player to bring on. There were two options, keep the ball on you or play it in the air. Aribo is good for both of those options

sorry ran out of likes, for some reason the site doesn't like you liking things too much :lol:

fair enough, we'll have to disagree then. 

17 minutes ago, Swally said:

sorry ran out of likes, for some reason the site doesn't like you liking things too much :lol:

fair enough, we'll have to disagree then. 

No worries mate 😂 happy he’s back either way still think he’ll be one of our most important players this season 

Archived