Three more Liege players test positive since the match

Broxi

15 minutes is a test and trace  requirement. That is if you are are not closer than 2 m for 15 min you don’t have to isolate.  

It is possible to get C19 from any close exposure. It’s just less likely.  The transfer within clubs shows that social distancing is not well applied. 

I am a Doctor.  I see many covid patients.  I would not jump all over a person with Covid just cos he scored a goal.  Even a Roofe Goal. 

It does not surprise me there is transmission within clubs when I see goal celebrations. 

If one gets it the risk is many get it. And that is whichever’s club that gets it fault. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

What way does this work for football players?

Like does the average person not have to self isolate now after being in contact with someone that has it?

Not sure mate, I think here in Scotland if any Rangers players test positive, the season finishes and celtic are declared champions???

3 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

No idea mate.

Close contact as in - someone who shares a flat etc but fuck knows about a dressing room?

Whole thing's a mess tbh.

But there was no dressing room shared, not by our team with anyone who tested positive.

25 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

When Scotland got together the players trained together and Stuart Armstrong had COVID.

The only players that had to isolate where the two that spent a period of time in his “bubble”.

None of the rest of the team who trained with him had to as they weren’t in the required close contact “bubble”.

Not to say we might not end up getting hit with it but this panic setting in, I have heard people say our whole squad out there might need to isolate, is really jumping the gun.

We will hopefully be fine. 👍

The bubble does not protect you.  It just reduces risk to other bubbles.  When we score the bubbles are all over each other. I would not be all over someone with covid even for 10 seconds!

Just now, Siam69 said:

But there was no dressing room shared, not by our team with anyone who tested positive.

Exactly, i said that already in an earlier post.

I was referring to the Standard player's self isolation requirements. 

I'm hoping we're ok because we weren't "close contacts" and only near any of them in an outdoor environment. 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Exactly, i said that already in an earlier post.

I was referring to the Standard player's self isolation requirements. 

I'm hoping we're ok because we weren't "close contacts" and only near any of them in an outdoor environment. 

That's my reading of it.

Hopefully so, i'm not overly worried. The chances of catching it outside is greatly reduced. 

Plus can you imagine the meltdown if nothing comes from this, taigs screaming tampered with tests, Operation Stop Ten in a Row :lol:

15 minutes ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

15 minutes is a test and trace  requirement. That is if you are are not closer than 2 m for 15 min you don’t have to isolate.  

It is possible to get C19 from any close exposure. It’s just less likely.  The transfer within clubs shows that social distancing is not well applied. 

I am a Doctor.  I see many covid patients.  I would not jump all over a person with Covid just cos he scored a goal.  Even a Roofe Goal. 

It does not surprise me there is transmission within clubs when I see goal celebrations. 

If one gets it the risk is many get it. And that is whichever’s club that gets it fault. 

Good to have a Doctor in the RM house mate. :thumbup:

It was gonna hit us at one point. Hopefully we are 10 points clear when the positive results come back. 

If we have too big an infection does the game not get postponed or was that just for the scum and sheep earlier in the season 

18 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

Not sure mate, I think here in Scotland if any Rangers players test positive, the season finishes and celtic are declared champions???

That was confirmed after the game last Saturday. Rangers start next season on minus 12 points too. It was agreed by the rest of the SPL so is all above board. 

1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

That's very worrying. If we've escaped out of this with no players infected after this now, then that's almost as big a result as the 2-0 itself. 

Can almost guarantee that will not happen mate about 5 or 6 or maybe the hole flying squad will get this. 

37 minutes ago, TheJacketRFC said:

Can almost guarantee that will not happen mate about 5 or 6 or maybe the hole flying squad will get this. 

“Guarantee” fair enough “hole”? You my son or daughter went to a school that began with Our or Saint.

1 hour ago, A.T.G said:

It was gonna hit us at one point. Hopefully we are 10 points clear when the positive results come back. 

If we have too big an infection does the game not get postponed or was that just for the scum and sheep earlier in the season 

The Scottish Government imposed a shutdown on them, due to breach of guidelines.

1 hour ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

The bubble does not protect you.  It just reduces risk to other bubbles.  When we score the bubbles are all over each other. I would not be all over someone with covid even for 10 seconds!

Forever blowing bubbles, it would seem.

I know you can have the virus for up to 4 days before you so symptoms, but I am not sure how long it is between being in contact with an infected person and you becoming infected. I am assuming all our players and backroom staff wod have been tested on return to Glasgow, probably Friday morning and we will have the results by now. So unless the time from contact to becoming infected is more than 16 hours we must be clear. 

2 hours ago, GaryMc said:

I was worried about this when that fight started at the end of the match especially when they had a number of positive tests before the game. People shouting in each others faces etc.

Hopefully we've avoided it.

I posted the same in the match thread - shouting into Roofe’s face was very concerning.

Hopefully all ok. I guess we’ll find out in the next 2 weeks.

2 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I know you can have the virus for up to 4 days before you so symptoms, but I am not sure how long it is between being in contact with an infected person and you becoming infected. I am assuming all our players and backroom staff wod have been tested on return to Glasgow, probably Friday morning and we will have the results by now. So unless the time from contact to becoming infected is more than 16 hours we must be clear. 

My guess is it can be between 3,4/ 7 days as if you test positive you isolate for 7 days, but if you are a close contact you have to isolate for 14 days, reason being they reckon the incubation period can be upto 7 days, so may not test positive/have symptoms before that point. 

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

The virus can transfer before symptoms show, which is the main difference between COVID and the original SARS in 2002

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

The virus can transfer before symptoms show, which is the main difference between COVID and the original SARS in 2002

I understand that but how long between contact and infection. I you are infected and I am I  close contact with you I then become infected, when would that show on a test, even if I have no symptoms. 

5 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

My guess is it can be between 3,4/ 7 days as if you test positive you isolate for 7 days, but if you are a close contact you have to isolate for 14 days, reason being they reckon the incubation period can be upto 7 days, so may not test positive/have symptoms before that point. 

I am sure there is a difference in the time taken to test positive versus showing symptoms. The infection period with no symptoms can be up to 4 days but doesn't answer the question of time between contact to infection showing in a test. 

5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I thought that was between infection and showing symptoms.

It may well be, as if its in your system it should probably show as football players are getting tested regularly. Think the symptom thing is more for "Joe Bloggs" to then get tested, that's where I'm maybe getting mixed up 👍

Archived