Three more Liege players test positive since the match

Broxi

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

It may well be, as if its in your system it should probably show as football players are getting tested regularly. Think the symptom thing is more for "Joe Bloggs" to then get tested, that's where I'm maybe getting mixed up đź‘Ť

Exactly. I genuinely dont know and have tried google but no clear answer. In my simple brain there are three steps.

1. You are in contact with an infected person

2. You become infected and it shows up on a test. 

3. You show symptoms.

It has been well publicised that there can be up to 4 days between stage 2 and 3 hence the 14 day isolation for contact and only 10 from showing symptoms. 

I cannot find any info on the time between stage 1 and 2. If it is the full four days then our players could continue to test negative until Monday evening having bee  in contact with the liege players on Thursday evening. I suspect the lead time between contact and infection is much shorter and if our players are testing negative today they are probably safe. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the key here is taking it one game at a time, literally.

We get tested before each game anyway as per Government and league rules - which is the correct thing to do.

No positive tests tomorrow before the Livingston game, then great - and we move onto the next game.

Or will we have a moral duty to test everyone, every day, in case symptoms show in between each game? I'm not really sure if that's a rule or up to each clubs discretion and company policies.

How many hours before each game is the test? reason I ask, is that team selections would need to be made accordingly and team lines submitted x amount of time before each match.

1 minute ago, Brubear said:

Exactly. I genuinely dont know and have tried google but no clear answer. In my simple brain there are three steps.

3. You show symptoms.

It has been well publicised that there can be up to 4 days between stage 2 and 3 hence the 14 day isolation for contact and only 10 from showing symptoms. 

I cannot find any info on the time between stage 1 and 2. If it is the full four days then our players could continue to test negative until Monday evening having bee  in contact with the liege players on Thursday evening. I suspect the lead time between contact and infection is much shorter and if our players are testing negative today they are probably safe. 

I used to think I had a fair idea how it worked, but it seems to change monthly, either due to medical science, or more likely, Fucking guesswork by those supposedly "in charge". Seven months down the line they're all still clueless! :headwall:

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

We get tested before each game anyway as per Government and league rules - which is the correct thing to do.

No positive tests tomorrow before the Livingston game, then great - and we move onto the next game.

Or will we have a moral duty to test everyone, every day, in case symptoms show in between each game? I'm not really sure if that's a rule or up to each clubs discretion and company policies.

How many hours before each game is the test? reason I ask, is that team selections would need to be made accordingly and team lines submitted x amount of time before each match.

48 hours I seem to remember reading. Could be wrong though. 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I would hazard a guess at 24hrs prior to kick-off :hmmm:

1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Not to mention having crowds! 

True. Could not believe what I was seeing in the stands. First fans I had seen at any match in months. Then allied to the fact that Belgium is in a pandemic surge as bad as anywhere puts this in a dodgy position. Watching the match, I just wondered if the players were going straight back to the airport and straight on the plane without mixing with anyone else. Doubt that was even possible though.

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Their coaches and players screaming at us face to face at the end was never a good idea with Covid so prevalent now.

Authorities should take action against that. Their actions at losing the match remember me of another scummy team. Wonder who that might be. Never defeated always cheated. 

2 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

True. Could not believe what I was seeing in the stands. First fans I had seen at any match in months. Then allied to the fact that Belgium is in a pandemic surge as bad as anywhere puts this in a dodgy position. Watching the match, I just wondered if the players were going straight back to the airport and straight on the plane without mixing with anyone else. Doubt that was even possible though.

The most worrying part was the trouble at the end of the match. Think the team probably headed directly back to get a flight after the match as Gerrard hinted at that in his presser Yesterday morning. 

12 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

Authorities should take action against that. Their actions at losing the match remember me of another scummy team. Wonder who that might be. Never defeated always cheated. 

Yes, especially now with the covid I was surprised it went on for so long.

2 hours ago, Goianegra said:

I assumed Belgium must have been doing alright considering there were a few fans at our game. What the fuck they up to doing that if it's so bad?

Belgium has the second highest COVID death rate in the world mate.

Right I've recently had covid and the whole issue is your infectious period.....it looks like I picked it up at my work on the weds or thurs....I didn't become infectious until probably Saturday evening as I know the other people I was with that I passed it on to them unknowingly as my symptoms started on Sunday afternoon 

This Liege player clearly tested negative prior to the match so I would doubt very much if he was hitting his infectious stage by kick off...I would imagine our players will be fine but a word of caution would be that 6-7 people were infected by myself as we had a drink that night 

9 hours ago, Brubear said:

3. You show symptoms.

It could be any time during the incubation period, which is why after exposure you still have to isolate for 14 days even with a negative test result.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/when-to-get-tested-for-covid-quarantine-2020-10%3famp

Any of our players come down with it and it’s an absolute guarantee there will be an outcry for game postponements and point deductions. Club need to stand strong and not be walked over by the corrupt powers that run our game. 

Archived