17 clean sheets from 21 games

VanVeenRangers

I count 21 games since returning. This includes friendlies in France and at home, plus the Europa game v Leverkusen. 

17 clean sheets from 21 games is absolutely incredible. I don't think we have seen such a solid defence in the opening period.

Take out late consolations from Motherwell and Galatasary, then it's only Hibs who have got close to beating us and creating a number of chances.

The team are being coached to a very high standard. I'm really proud of the players gaining those stats. Well done to everyone so far.

Let's keep it going 👍

34 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The defence and those helping them in midfield deserve all the praise.

Must be Defenders and Midfielders getting all the MOTM awards of late?

if we can keep this defending up you know that once you get the 1st goal  you have a strong chance of winning

3 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

I count 21 games since returning. This includes friendlies in France and at home, plus the Europa game v Leverkusen. 

17 clean sheets from 21 games is absolutely incredible. I don't think we have seen such a solid defence in the opening period.

Take out late consolations from Motherwell and Galatasary, then it's only Hibs who have got close to beating us and creating a number of chances.

The team are being coached to a very high standard. I'm really proud of the players gaining those stats. Well done to everyone so far.

Let's keep it going 👍

thanks for sharing mate that's a prenominal record SG has got the team so focused that they don't expect to see a shot on goal never mind a goal imo

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Build from the back and it wins you things, always been the case. 

Exactly, remember Walter always talking about the spine of the team.

It's great having flair and creative players, but when it comes down to it they have to be part of a strong core otherwise it can easily fall apart.

I just wonder how much of Gerrards success is down to some chats with Walter. They seem to meet up now and again for a wee chat.

3 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Never mind clean sheets we’re barely even conceding chances. Seem to have cut out a lot of the silly individual errors which is giving us a great platform to build on. Scoring has never really been an issue under Gerrard, chucking them in at the other end has been

Something like 5 shots on target in our last 4 games is it not?

19 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Something like 5 shots on target in our last 4 games is it not?

It's way better than that. 1 shot on target for the opposition in our last 4 games and that was today.

Edit - been a few woodworks hit though which don't count.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It's way better than that. 1 shot on target for the opposition in our last 4 games and that was today.

That's actually insane if you look at the opposition we have played.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

That's actually insane if you look at the opposition we have played.

Also four 2-0s on the trot as well which is mental. It's hard not to get carried away just now when you think of the quality of the players who were on the bench today, the new players (and Alfie) who have yet to hit top form and the the player in quarantine who we have yet to see.

Great chance to go 9 clear next week and I don't want to jinx it but I don't really see any other scenario. We've scored goal of the season from a swimming pool so winning on a plastic pitch should be no problem.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Also four 2-0s on the trot as well which is mental. It's hard not to get carried away just now when you think of the quality of the players who were on the bench today, the new players (and Alfie) who have yet to hit top form and the the player in quarantine who we have yet to see.

Great chance to go 9 clear next week and I don't want to jinx it but I don't really see any other scenario. We've scored goal of the season from a swimming pool so winning on a plastic pitch should be no problem.

If all else fails we can bring Roofe on to pelt shots from the halfway line :lol:

3 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Was it 2 seasons ago where we hit the woodwork an unbelievable amount of times now we are getting the luck at the other end this season. 

8 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Never mind clean sheets we’re barely even conceding chances. Seem to have cut out a lot of the silly individual errors which is giving us a great platform to build on. Scoring has never really been an issue under Gerrard, chucking them in at the other end has been

Except post xmas when we only lost something like 6 goals but only scored maybe the same (didnt check but we were decently solid apart from a couple of occasions post xmas) 

Scoring has been an issue for gerrard, we conceded 18 league goals by shutdown last season, same as the tarriers, yet we were 13 behind them points wise

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Except post xmas when we only lost something like 6 goals but only scored maybe the same (didnt check but we were decently solid apart from a couple of occasions post xmas) 

Scoring has been an issue for gerrard, we conceded 18 league goals by shutdown last season, same as the tarriers, yet we were 13 behind them points wise

Fair points although in three of the games post Xmas we took the lead then failed to win, mostly through dreadful defending

Its good to see that we are no longer relying on the form of Morelos to get us goals, and that this time around, goals come from everywhere. As a whole, i would say we are a pretty solid team. Something we havent had for like 9 years or so. This year we have a strong bench too and a good squad depth. Only thing now is to stay consistent and finally get that silverware. 

On 26/10/2020 at 07:43, eskbankloyal said:

Fair points although in three of the games post Xmas we took the lead then failed to win, mostly through dreadful defending

That shouldn't happen this year as we've more depth in the squad to cover post Christmas fatigue.

Archived