Stand firm bears

Junior Soprano

You're bang on JS.

We have been here before. They are very capable of getting their shit together and winning 9 or 10 games on the bounce.

We will lose at some point and the gap is only 3 points providing they win their game in hand.

Let's just focus on beating killie in the league. It's a ground that gives me the fear when it shouldn't really.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Something seems different about this group of players this year. A long way to go and they are still favourites atm however 

I genuinely feel that for the first time in almost a decade, we are the favourites.

I have always felt that they were a bit ahead of us, and we had a calamity due at any moment.

For the first time, I genuinely believe we are likely to do it.

Likely, however, far from certain. I expect that they will pick up their form, it is all about our team now cementing their place at the top of the table and shipping as few points as possible.

If we could somehow only drop 2 points before the next old firm, then I genuinely think we will be out of reach should we beat them again.

This is the first time real pressure has been put on them, and I can see it taking its toll. I just hope that it breaks Lennon, but they hold on to him just that little bit too long before bringing in someone who can coach them again.

Finally a team worthy of the jersey they wear. Job still needs doing and I think even if that mob weren’t having a nightmare we’d still be up to it. Make no mistake the pressure they’re under now is massive. By the time the next internationals come up. We’ll know what both the sides are made of. 

25 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely feel that for the first time in almost a decade, we are the favourites.

I have always felt that they were a bit ahead of us, and we had a calamity due at any moment.

For the first time, I genuinely believe we are likely to do it.

Likely, however, far from certain. I expect that they will pick up their form, it is all about our team now cementing their place at the top of the table and shipping as few points as possible.

If we could somehow only drop 2 points before the next old firm, then I genuinely think we will be out of reach should we beat them again.

This is the first time real pressure has been put on them, and I can see it taking its toll. I just hope that it breaks Lennon, but they hold on to him just that little bit too long before bringing in someone who can coach them again.

I think if continues into January as it is the now they will panic and be forced to spend. Bellamy and Keane type panic buys to appease the tramp support. 

Hopefully it has the same ending 

Every game is a cup final now. We have the squad there, not even hit top form but are looking unbeatable. We have some defence this season aswell. Going to be tough and I hope the players have got over whatever mental block they’ve had the past 2 seasons 

It's only October. Important to remember how early it is and sad to say it, we've been here before. In saying that we should enjoy these victories just now also, their next run of fixtures starting Thursday are difficult and could break them. Let's just roll with it. 

1 hour ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Every game is a cup final now. We have the squad there, not even hit top form but are looking unbeatable. We have some defence this season aswell. Going to be tough and I hope the players have got over whatever mental block they’ve had the past 2 seasons 

I hear what you’re saying but I hope the players don’t treat every game like a cup final - that’s unnecessary pressure on them imo. Just play to their strengths, keep doing the right things, keep the belief and confidence and we’ll be fine. You’re spot on about the mental block, but we seem to have a different attitude this season, which is down to a few things, let’s hope we continue and the pressure is all on them. 

26 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I hear what you’re saying but I hope the players don’t treat every game like a cup final - that’s unnecessary pressure on them imo. Just play to their strengths, keep doing the right things, keep the belief and confidence and we’ll be fine. You’re spot on about the mental block, but we seem to have a different attitude this season, which is down to a few things, let’s hope we continue and the pressure is all on them. 

You can definitely see the change in attitude, no doubt. The cup final bit was mainly about the other teams, my mistake there. And your right, there is a differenace about us this year, imo it’s the solidity of the back 5 and the freedom it gives our attacking players, tav, Kent, barasic etc, do their job

Archived