Lech Pozan result today

Mafeking St.

That’s good to hear .Although they did give Benfica a game last week 

Confident though .6 points going into the Benfica gams would be massive .Almost like 1 win from those games and we would be through 

Would be perfect scenario with the league being the most important 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Said when the draw was made we should be looking at 6 points from Poznan. 

Beat them and take at least 3 from Benfica and we are in a great position.

The double header against Benfica could decide who will top the group.  Benfica should be too good for us, they spent about £80m in the summer, but we're capable of pulling off a surprise.  If we go through in 2nd I'll be more than happy with that.

26 minutes ago, TMB said:

The double header against Benfica could decide who will top the group.  Benfica should be too good for us, they spent about £80m in the summer, but we're capable of pulling off a surprise.  If we go through in 2nd I'll be more than happy with that.

Normally do quite well against Portuguese teams so would hope that continues.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

If we beat Poznan on Thursday we'll have one foot in the knockout rounds.  The double header against Benfica will be tough and anything we take from those games is just a bonus IMO.  

If Benfica also beat Standard then we have significant breathing space to the bottom 2. Even in a worst case scenario of losing twice to benfica (which I dont expect us to do) the worst we can be is level on points with either Standard or Poznan with them both still to play benfica. 

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Are they any better than Porto? 

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

Are they any better than Porto? 

I don't know, I don't watch them.  Having spent £80m in the summer I would suspect they're better than us (on paper at least). But like I said, we can pull off an upset.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I reckon our style of play could worry a few teams, I don’t think they are surprised anymore, as in how we set up and play, I reckon they will be more worried about how to counteract us

17 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

That’s good to hear .Although they did give Benfica a game last week 

Confident though .6 points going into the Benfica gams would be massive .Almost like 1 win from those games and we would be through 

Would be perfect scenario with the league being the most important 

Benfica offered up a bucket full of chances in that game. 

14 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Im confident of beating anyone at the moment and Poznan are no different. A win against them and beating Killie on the Sunday would be fantastic. 

Would be fantastic .Coupled with another 2 Duffy defensive masterclasses 🤣

18 hours ago, TMB said:

The double header against Benfica will be tough and anything we take from those games is just a bonus IMO.  

I can imagine some fan simultaneously writing this about us on a Benfica forum👆...

Given our style and consistency of performance in Europe, I look forward to these games with an air of expectation of being in a position of taking at least 2 points (with with a realistic opportunity of taking more)...

Archived