What should worry other sides

WCPRANGERS1

Is that we've in my opinion still got several gears to go through. With the first set of fixtures out the way we've undoubtedly played one great stuff at times and been defensively sound too but we still have much more to come.

We have had our share of injuries, players settling in and again going through Euro qualifiers in a short space of time. I think that we can still give much more and in no way is this a criticism but a massive positive for the matches ahead.

Look t let weekend for example, we beat that mob without our front 3 really getting in to it and agin today against Livi we did what we had to.

For me I'm really looking forward to how much more we can do and feel it is a matter of time before we properly give some sides a proper going over.

Would have been nice to build on the 2 early goals today and really send out a message to the other teams. One of the issues over the past 3 seasons is that teams have got a belief they can get something out of a game against us but have been scared of celtic. For the first time since before 2012 I think this is reversing and teams are becoming more afraid of us than the tarriers. 

Our bench being full of people who could easily be starters for us is massive IMO.

We have so much more competition for places and I think it shows. Look at Bassey, Knows the guy in front of him is close to an auto pick for the manager.  He has been given his chance and the boy is flying. 

Like you also say, I don't think we've ever really got out of second gear in the league yet.  There are a few teams going to take a serious hammering from us this season.

Long may it continue.

9 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Is that we've in my opinion still got several gears to go through. With the first set of fixtures out the way we've undoubtedly played one great stuff at times and been defensively sound too but we still have much more to come.

We have had our share of injuries, players settling in and again going through Euro qualifiers in a short space of time. I think that we can still give much more and in no way is this a criticism but a massive positive for the matches ahead.

Look t let weekend for example, we beat that mob without our front 3 really getting in to it and agin today against Livi we did what we had to.

For me I'm really looking forward to how much more we can do and feel it is a matter of time before we properly give some sides a proper going over.

Totally agree. We havent even hit top gear yet. Morelos out of form as well. Once he gets back among the goals we are going to give someone a fucking hiding. 

4 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Totally agree. We havent even hit top gear yet. Morelos out of form as well. Once he gets back among the goals we are going to give someone a fucking hiding. 

If I was rating our forwards/creative players so far this season I'd go

Morelos 5 - still to find anything like his best

Kent 7 - would have been 8 or 9 a few weeks ago but form has dipped though still our best and most consistent forward so far

Hagi 6 - some very clever assists and has also upped his workmate and energy the past couple of outings

Roofe 5 - yet to find his feet properly and a bit stop start

Itten 4 - couple of good finishes but very much on the fringes so far

Defoe 4 - showed what he's capable of yesterday but barely seen due to injury

Jones 4 - very limited game time but shown some encouraging signs

Barker 3 - a few pacy runs and little else. Don't see it myself tbh

Aribo 4 - injury robbed us of potentially our most prized asset - great to see him back

Stewart 3 - barely seen and unlikely to figure heavily

Arfield 7 - I've added SA as i think his best position is the more advanced role and he has been and will continue to be a creative threat

When everyone is up to speed and hit the groove we will be frightening as every single one of these players can improve significantly.

Our defence and midfield have been both immense and consistent all season

14 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Totally agree with your assessment so far. I mentioned in the match thread yesterday that we made the game routine and that it was quite Walter-esque. The amount of times we'd go two or three up and just cruise under Walter seemed endless. However what did happen when we needed something extra or when we reached the split we were in peak form and would rack up big scores when it really mattered. I think part of that is because we were so conservative at times throughout the season.

As you say we have had injuries but we've got through it because we have a big squad that is big on quality. I actually think, based on last year, we will react positively having to play Thursday/Sunday as well.

17 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

If I was rating our forwards/creative players so far this season I'd go

Morelos 5 - still to find anything like his best

Kent 7 - would have been 8 or 9 a few weeks ago but form has dipped though still our best and most consistent forward so far

Hagi 6 - some very clever assists and has also upped his workmate and energy the past couple of outings

Roofe 5 - yet to find his feet properly and a bit stop start

Itten 4 - couple of good finishes but very much on the fringes so far

Defoe 4 - showed what he's capable of yesterday but barely seen due to injury

Jones 4 - very limited game time but shown some encouraging signs

Barker 3 - a few pacy runs and little else. Don't see it myself tbh

Aribo 4 - injury robbed us of potentially our most prized asset - great to see him back

Stewart 3 - barely seen and unlikely to figure heavily

Arfield 7 - I've added SA as i think his best position is the more advanced role and he has been and will continue to be a creative threat

When everyone is up to speed and hit the groove we will be frightening as every single one of these players can improve significantly.

Our defence and midfield have been both immense and consistent all season

I'd argue, that over the course of the full season, Hagi has been as good if not better than Kent. Kent had an explosive start and has gone off the boil, Hagi has been creating all season. 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

We've also got through a round of tough away games with c....c , sheep , motherwell , livi,  hibs , and Kilmarnock to come in Sunday , with pretty good results .

Not sure about them , but I'd guess they've still to go to most of them . 

1 minute ago, Zappa6995 said:

Sure Gogzy but this pish about not getting out of second gear is exactly that, if we are capable and I believe we are, we should be burying these teams.

For the most part, we are demolishing these teams.

The best Rangers sides ever have went to places like Easter road and dropped points.

13 minutes ago, gogzy said:

For the most part, we are demolishing these teams.

The best Rangers sides ever have went to places like Easter road and dropped points.

Helped immensely by the lack of fans at these grounds tbh.

Id be delighted if fans were told to stay away all season. Isn't hindering us at home and is definitely helping us away.

20 hours ago, Brubear said:

Would have been nice to build on the 2 early goals today and really send out a message to the other teams. One of the issues over the past 3 seasons is that teams have got a belief they can get something out of a game against us but have been scared of celtic. For the first time since before 2012 I think this is reversing and teams are becoming more afraid of us than the tarriers. 

Would rather they had hope to he honest. We murdered teams at start of last season. They all sat in deeper than titanic after that. 

3 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We have much better game management than last season. Get 2 goals up, make some subs and pass the ball about as if it's an exhibition match. Job done.

That's the key to killing these teams off, score early and don't give them any hope at HT or late into the second half.

We are like a formula one race.

Jostling for position with another racer before being flagged down and forced into an extended pit stop.

Back on the track we had to make our way through all the back markers and the rest of the traffic before we finally caught a glimpse of the leader ahead.

We took position behind but never really felt confident of a sustained attack even though we briefly took the lead before falling back.

A further brief pit stop left us feeling super charged. Unlike our previous attempt at taking the lead we steadily and confidently executed the overtake.   

Plenty left in the tank this time but rather than waste fuel we confidently maintained pressure and quietly moved ahead.

The previous leader, long overdue a pit stop with inappropriate tyres and low on fuel was unable to keep up as we quietly moved further ahead.   Plenty left in the tank as our rev counter showed.  

Meanwhile fans of the previous race leader called for the driver to be replaced and new parts to be bought for the car.   Unfortunately this franchise was financially running on empty leaving us to cruise past the chequered flag.

Archived