*****The Official Rangers v Lech Poznan Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

18 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Don't expect Zungu to feature much until Hamilton at home on 8th of November. Is he even in the country yet?

McAllister said: “Zungu is still in quarantine but I think he becomes available to train with us just prior to Poznan.

“So that’s very encouraging. It adds to our strength in the middle of the park.

And

Gerrard on 16/10/2020: 

"Bongani Zungu is currently in quarantine so we sadly won't see him for another 10 days or so.

"We have sorted him with gym equipment so he can train from home.

As much as I've seen his current situation mentioned 👍

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really need to win this game.  We should be winning this game.  I think the prize money for a win is over £500k and another 3 points on the board puts us in strong contention for the knockout rounds.

I'd expect the same that did so well against Standard Liège to start.  

1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Exactly this, last season, beat celtic next game away to rugby park, fucked it

with our squad depth I think you could change Bassey for Barasic and Defoe for Morelos. Get a comfortable 2-0 lead and then start resting players. The league is 100x more important than the Europa. Especially since its the chance to go 9 points above them, granted theyll have 2 games in hand but psychologically it's big. 

I think Psychologically for us fans too.

Good vibe at the minute but if we were to go there and struggle to a draw or a loss then questions rightly would be asked.

27 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think Psychologically for us fans too.

Good vibe at the minute but if we were to go there and struggle to a draw or a loss then questions rightly would be asked.

You'd love that wouldn't you. Some people on here can't wait for us to drop points

Already made £4m from the Europa League this season

If we qualify 2nd from the group with 10 points we'll make £6m in total.

If we qualify top and make it to last 16 again then it'll be around £7.8m

And that's only in prize money, doesn't include RTV extras and I don't know how TV deals work etc

If it was upto me I'd have one eye on what is a massive game away to Kilmarnock at the weekend. Outwith winning the league there 10-years ago, I can't think of another bigger game there in my lifetime.

With that in mind - Jack should keep his place as the European games suit him, tempted to save Barisic & Helander for Kilmarnock therefore Bassey and Balogun.

The other positions, I think we can mix it a little (or revert back to some more regular picks) and have no real side effects. I'd be fine with Hagi, Arfield, Kamara or Aribo all starting in whatever order Gerrard see's fit - likewise would have no issues with either Morelos or Roofe starting.

Usually so hyped for European ties but really just want this one out the way and it to be Sunday morning already. Chomping at the bit to watch us in the league at the moment. 

As @British_Empire says tempted too hold Barisic back (especially considering fitness) Helander rest. I'd give Arfield 30 mins to make sure he stays match sharp for Sunday. Would rest Kent, think he needs it anyway, but have him ready to fire on all cylinders on Sunday. 

Shagger

Tav  Goldson Helander Barasic

Davis Kamara

Arfield

Kent Itten Morelos 

Lads that came in did well but  most returning  from injury so surely the gaffer will not want to over load them to soon .

Want Morelos back on goal trail so a wee bit of help up top might just do the business. 

17 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Shagger

Tav  Goldson Helander Barasic

Davis Kamara

Arfield

Kent Itten Morelos 

Lads that came in did well but  most returning  from injury so surely the gaffer will not want to over load them to soon .

Want Morelos back on goal trail so a wee bit of help up top might just do the business. 

I like that team but would have Aribo instead of Itten 

45 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Already made £4m from the Europa League this season

If we qualify 2nd from the group with 10 points we'll make £6m in total.

If we qualify top and make it to last 16 again then it'll be around £7.8m

And that's only in prize money, doesn't include RTV extras and I don't know how TV deals work etc

I don’t think we’re far off an automatic CL spot. Just keep winning the games and it should be confirmed.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

I like that team but would have Aribo instead of Itten 

Aye each to their own but I see it as a battle between Aribo, Arfield for that more advanced midfielder so I'd be keeping them for that position.

Would include Hagi as well but the lad doesn't have enough graft about him to fit into that position IMO

7 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McGregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Kamara Davis 

Aribo Hagi Kent 

Morelos 

Harsh on Arfield but there’s a lot of competition in there now 

Harsh on Jack also, but it's a good problem to have. 

Archived