*****The Official Rangers v Lech Poznan Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

On 27/10/2020 at 22:53, eskbankloyal said:

Yeah, seen some footage of them playing a ridiculously high press which leaves them massively exposed at the back. Good test for us defensively 

I watched the Man Utd game last night. Leipzig were playing a full press, then with half an hour left they brought on extra forwards for midfielders and Solskaer countered by bringing Rashford and Fernandes on. The pace of Rashford absolutely ripped them apart. If Poznan play a high press against us, Kent should run riot.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Think he has scored e few goals there over the years.

If memory serves he scored a hattrick in a cup game at Rugby Park a couple of years ago and also had an onside goal disallowed in same game.

Aye hat trick in the cup, goal on last day of season. Scored there start of the year and got ruled out for fuck all.

Came off the bench to score against them at ibrox last season in between Christmas and new year. I’m sure he scored in 1-1 draw with them at ibrox aswell.

20 hours ago, Jb85 said:

Serbian Defender Djordje Crnomarkovic, Polish Midfielder Jakub Kaminski and Portuguese Midfielder Pedro Tiba all started last week but not travelled today.

Minor injuries. 

Interesting. There is an article on bbc today highlighting their 3 most dangerous players and Tiba and Kaminski are 2 of them. 

Hi there.

I'm from Poland (although not a supporter of Lech Poznan).
Just a few thoughts on today's game: I expect an interesting game. Rangers seem to be on fire but Lech is also very self-confident.

Don't look at their position in Polish league - they are focusing on Europe for now. They are not playing as a typical Polish team (you remember Legia from last year). Lech is a brave, mostly young team, thinking more on how to score goals than to defend. Not too experienced team, which  could be also an advantage as they are willing to achieve something.

Unfortunately, looks like Lech will play without 3 key players...Tiba - the brain of the midfield, and Jakub Kaminski - young starlet.

But still...have a look at Jakub Moder (highest transfer from Polish league of all time - sold to Brighton for 11 mln euro).

Great vision, passing skills and long shots. His best actions from Polish league, if someone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvgEgDBrdjY

Also Tymoteusz Puchacz - fierce, skilfull left back.

Regards from Poland and let's have a great game this evening!

56 minutes ago, Aphex Twin said:

Hi there.

Just a few thoughts on today's game: I expect an interesting game. Rangers seem to be on fire but Lech is also very self-confident.

Don't look at their position in Polish league - they are focusing on Europe for now. They are not playing as a typical Polish team (you remember Legia from last year). Lech is a brave, mostly young team, thinking more on how to score goals than to defend. Not too experienced team, which  could be also an advantage as they are willing to achieve something.

Unfortunately, looks like Lech will play without 3 key players...Tiba - the brain of the midfield, and Jakub Kaminski - young starlet.

But still...have a look at Jakub Moder (highest transfer from Polish league of all time - sold to Brighton for 11 mln euro).

Great vision, passing skills and long shots. His best actions from Polish league, if someone's interested:

is it safe clicking on some dodgy polish links?

Hi there.

Just now, Aphex Twin said:

Hi there.

is this some automated bot with the double posts?

Just now, Capetownbear said:

that's exactly what a bot would say... :pipe2:

hehe but the bot would not be aware that Gers' priority is to win Scottish league this season, that Kemar Roofe scored a great long-distance goal agaist Standard and that it won't be as easy game tonight for GR as you might expect. (hopefully!)

@Aphex Twin

Maybe you're just a nice helpful Polish guy, maybe not. The question I ask is if a Polish team were playing any other Scottish team out with the Fenians, would I post on the Polish teams site with my insights 🤔

Odd for me but heh maybe your just an overly helpful Polish guy.

1 hour ago, Aphex Twin said:

Hi there.

1 minute ago, badjon said:

@Aphex Twin

Maybe you're just a nice helpful Polish guy, maybe not. The question I ask is if a Polish team were playing any other Scottish team out with the Fenians, would I post on the Polish teams site with my insights 🤔

Doesn't support either team... "overly helpful" Artur seems suspicious enough.. 

either way enjoy the game Mr Boruc.. 

4 minutes ago, badjon said:

@Aphex Twin

I just can't wait for the game and was curious to know how it's perceived by Gers' fans. That's it.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Tav    Goldson    Helander  Barisic

Jack       Kamara        Aribo

Hagi                  Kent

Morelos

Davis for Aribo who will be on the bench. Aribo will come on for Hagi.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

McGregor

Tav    Goldson    Helander  Barisic

Jack       Kamara        Aribo

Hagi                  Kent

Morelos

I think we will see this tonight but maybe Barker in for Hagi to catch them in behind... hopefully a couple of early goals for the nerves to settle and to get Itten & Zungu on for some much needed minutes

Archived