Out of contract at end of season

Raligt

Out of contract at end of season  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you offer a new deal to?

• Mcgregor 39
    • Defoe 38
    • Davis 36
    • Firth 25
    • Stewart 31
    • Balogun 33
    • Barjonas 22
    • Mebude 20

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I think he will be. 

Pretty sure it has to do with McCrorie going on loan this year instead of Aberdeen having to pay when they’re signing him in the summer anyway.

Not sure about that... would we do a deal like that not knowing how Ferguson's season was going to pan out?

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

Not sure about that... would we do a deal like that not knowing how Ferguson's season was going to pan out?

Yeah I think you can make a deal in principle.

Also players are bought if a manager likes them and sees their style fitting in regardless of form.

If Balogun continues to impress it would be silly not to keep him just because Katic will be back. Keep him and send the fridge out on loan and we've improved our defence and getting one of our prospects game time without spending a penny.

I've gone for McGregor,  Mebude and Barjonas.  Tempted with Balogun but with Katic coming back and Edmundson another year experienced im not sure we need him . 

Defoe , Davis and Stewart its just one year too many but thanks for your efforts . 

As steady as Balogun has looked, I'd question the permanent signing of a soon to be 33 year old CB that will cut down on the playing time of Katic once he is looking to come back. I'm not totally against it at all but our resources are not infinite and have to choose carefully where we invest in the side. If Goldson or Helander went then then sure, Balogun in, would be a no brainer. 

I think the next step in the team's development should hopefully be replacing guys that are fillers like Stewart, Barker and Jones with someone of Ryan Kent's level and potential and working on taking our project players like Kent, Katic, Aribo, Hagi and Itten up a level or too.

I would keep Mebude only. He's 20 and will maybe improve but the gaffer will know that better than anyone else. See who wants to move in to coaching and if they fit the Rangers mold. This would give us 6 spaces in the squad to find better quaility. 

Archived