SPFL Covid questions to clubs

MattyBlue

There is absolutely no plausible reason as to why football should stop as a result of Covid-19.

Those who cannot fulfil a fixture should be awarded a loss and it should be left at that.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They know exactly what they are doing..

We need to question the inclusion of "N&V" straight away, as that was said not to be an option last season. These cunts are shady as fuck and not very good at hiding it.. its pretty obvious to see what is going on. They are planting the seed now to condition the rest of the clubs in to calling the league early without calling a Champion. There is simply too much hate in Scotland for us to have an influence on what is (clearly) being prepared. 

They don't even try to hide intentions anymore in this setup.

Just think back to all the lines about how null and void wasn't possible/discussed, sponsors, tv deals, revenues etc. 

Now if by magic it's become viable. Has all the issues before suddenly just vanished.

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Just think back to all the lines about how null and void wasn't possible/discussed, sponsors, tv deals, revenues etc. 

Now if by magic it's become viable. Has all the issues before suddenly just vanished.

Exactly. They could have been careful the first time around with how they worded it, in case they needed to change something for "next time".. but they werent careful. They dont give a shit. They will do what they want without looking to precedents set already.

23 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They know exactly what they are doing..

We need to question the inclusion of "N&V" straight away, as that was said not to be an option last season. These cunts are shady as fuck and not very good at hiding it.. its pretty obvious to see what is going on. They are planting the seed now to condition the rest of the clubs in to calling the league early without calling a Champion. There is simply too much hate in Scotland for us to have an influence on what is (clearly) being prepared. 

Agree with the bold part 100%.

Exactly what Sturgeon does with Covid, puts out what she 'might do' a few days before to see what the public reaction is, dangerous bastards. 

41 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Once again why the fuck wasn't this discussed and agreed on before a ball was kicked. That clown organisation isn't fit for purpose and every club that voted against investigation should hang thier heads in shame. 

It makes the blood boil that null and void is now on the table. When all the doom merchants told us why it wasn't possible last season. An out if a certain club continues dropping points. 

Don't quote me on it but did they not try something similar at the start of the season which the clubs rejected?

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

What was potential armageddon last year is a tick in a box this year.

The scottish government has announced 5 levels of lockdown , none of which should stop the league, yet these arseholes are asking questions about n+v, which wasn’t an option last year due to lost revenue. I wouldn’t give them the powers to shite cause it would be a dirty protest, let alone even ask the questions as they’ll only keep going till they’ve got the answers they were looking for, 10iar.

7 minutes ago, BroonBear said:

Don't quote me on it but did they not try something similar at the start of the season which the clubs rejected?

Yeah mate they only tried to get additional powers to be able to end the season as they seen fit without a club vote.

The sheep/taig debacle showed they didn't have anything in place for breaches. I'm sure as well it was only recently the 3-0 forfeit came into play

I doubt very much null and void was on the discussion table. 

24 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Taigs top of the league- hand them title

Rangers top - null and void.

Fucking scumbags.

It's hardly surprising as they are running the game up here, every one knows Doncasters a puppet and offers nothing.

Astonished (but not really) that null-and-void is a consideration now, when it wasn't before (when awarding Celtic 9 in a row).

This is where we have fuck-all backbone as a club. It should have been fought properly at the time and now we should be coming out all guns blazing to tell them they have already set the precedent. If the league is called tomorrow, we're champions - no if's or but's.

49 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Id genuinely be interested to hear The Dudes take on this shite.

36 minutes ago, badjon said:

@The Dude????

Hullo? I've not really had much of a look at this yet so is there anything specific you want my take on just now while I have a wee look at what the jist of it seems to be

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hullo? I've not really had much of a look at this yet so is there anything specific you want my take on just now while I have a wee look at what the jist of it seems to be

I'd be interested in knowing what specifically deterred clubs and the authorities from having n&v as a consideration last season let alone an option for a vote.

And what factors have changed that now allow voiding a season to be a credible option. What would be the consequences to clubs / authorities, and why the shift change.

I doubt you can answer all that, but its what I want to know.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Well I suppose the obvious one is that N&V was never on the table last season and unless I'm wrong the reason given it would cause a financial meltdown (tv contracts, sponsorship deals etc) so what's changed this season, tv companies and sponsors happy to have the season curtailed and not seek recompense for not getting what they paid for ?

Archived