SPFL Covid questions to clubs

MattyBlue

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 28/10/2020 at 19:26, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yes they wanted executive power.

Executive powers would have meant they could do what they wanted and was rightly voted down as they can’t be trusted .

Therefor rules should have drawn up before a ball was kicked .

We have had clubs fail to be able to play fixtures already without punishment,so no clubs should be penalised in the same campaign for the same problem .

I can see how null and void can be an option now though .We have a TV deal that continues after this season with the same broadcaster so in theory adjustments can easily be made to the  following seasons pavements ,Rules would need changed though to allow clubs access to the funds as null and void would mean no prize money .

But they can fuck right off,there is little transparency here and even less at the end of last season .We have every right to distrust these cunts and more importantly every right to ask why the fuck are we paying that prick Doncaster so much to be so inadequate at his job .Within that bunch of shite should also be a plan for European places allocation ,but that’s a let’s wait and see coz it doesn’t suit their agenda .

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I want it won on the park too ,but just as much they cunts can’t be awarded anything in a boardroom 

Rather we stopped them the right way .On the park . Then we can poke fun at their 9,:unsure: micky mouse titles won by default and awarded from telephone calls and corruption 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Executive powers would have meant they could do what they wanted and was rightly voted down as they can’t be trusted .

Therefor rules should have drawn up before a ball was kicked .

We have had clubs fail to be able to play fixtures already without punishment,so no clubs should be penalised in the same campaign for the same problem .

I can see how null and void can be an option now though .We have a TV deal that continues after this season with the same broadcaster so in theory adjustments can easily be made to the  following seasons pavements ,Rules would need changed though to allow clubs access to the funds as null and void would mean no prize money .

But they can fuck right off,there is little transparency here and even less at the end of last season .We have every right to distrust these cunts and more importantly every right to ask why the fuck are we paying that prick Doncaster so much to be so inadequate at his job .Within that bunch of shite should also be a plan for European places allocation ,but that’s a let’s wait and see coz it doesn’t suit their agenda .

Nul and void was about more than tv contracts though ( the sticking point was to have that start 1 aug at all costs though I'm not even sure Sky were consulted and stipulated this).

It was about preventing refunds of STs, sponsorship deals, league positions  payouts and more. Maybe all those contracts have now been rewritten to void the impact of nul and void 😁.

Good post mate 👍

We all know who is pulling the strings here. Any slip up from us allowing them back into the title race and null and void will disappear in a puff of smoke.

If they see the tainted 10* being lost then the clamour for null and void will be increased. They will then drive the narrative that next season will be 10* in a row as this season doesn't count.

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

We all know who is pulling the strings here. Any slip up from us allowing them back into the title race and null and void will disappear in a puff of smoke.

If they see the tainted 10* being lost then the clamour for null and void will be increased. They will then drive the narrative that next season will be 10* in a row as this season doesn't count.

Yeah mate. Can guarantee this is being worked on already. 👍

48 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Nul and void was about more than tv contracts though ( the sticking point was to have that start 1 aug at all costs though I'm not even sure Sky were consulted and stipulated this).

It was about preventing refunds of STs, sponsorship deals, league positions  payouts and more. Maybe all those contracts have now been rewritten to void the impact of nul and void 😁.

Good post mate 👍

End of the day it should be very simple this. 

Play the season to a finish or PPG if the league can't be completed. That's the precedent they set last season. 

Null and void like last season shouldn't even be on the table.

Remember all the doom merchants coming out in the media, that said it would be catastrophic if we went that route hence it wasn't even discussed. Amazing how that lot have disappeared when it's another club not currently in front 🙃 

19 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

End of the day it should be very simple this. 

Play the season to a finish or PPG if the league can't be completed. That's the precedent they set last season. 

Null and void like last season shouldn't even be on the table.

Remember all the doom merchants coming out in the media, that said it would be catastrophic if we went that route hence it wasn't even discussed. Amazing how that lot have disappeared when it's another club not currently in front 🙃 

Fully agree. And it should have been agreed before a ball was kicked.

My strong concern is that they'll not say PPG is the precedent but that having the spfl board put a solution to members to vote on is the precedent. And that's how they'll then introduce n&v as being on the table.

N&V isn't going to go away despite some folk believing clubs were almost united against it. Near 40% of clubs saying they'd accept it if an unspecified insufficient number of games was played demonstrates that its very much here and prominently so.

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fully agree. And it should have been agreed before a ball was kicked.

My strong concern is that they'll not say PPG is the precedent but that having the spfl board put a solution to members to vote on is the precedent. And that's how they'll then introduce n&v as being on the table.

N&V isn't going to go away despite some folk believing clubs were almost united against it. Near 40% of clubs saying they'd accept it if an unspecified insufficient number of games was played demonstrates that its very much here and prominently so.

Just need to wait then and see what is classed as insufficient number of games.  

You would surley think if teams have played each other home and away that would be the cut off for null and void. 

You just can't guess but what the SPFL and clubs will do. 

I said when they were being handed I would take it but I would love to think the club would issue statements saying the spfl and SFA can record season 20/21 as Rangers year but we won't. We won't display the trophy. We won't be unfurling league flags and we sure as fuck won't be parading about Ibrox or anywhere else in Glasgow with the trophy.

39 minutes ago, badjon said:

@The Dude has been strangely quiet, what's your view on n & v entering the discussion all of a sudden?

I've not really been on much the last week.

It's the last of the options that would be considered. I know some clubs have worked with sponsors etc to put contingencies in place should football get suspended again so it would be, in theory, less damaging that it was ln March.

From what I've heard though it remains very much the 'nuclear' option and tbh, I wasn't that surprised that there as many clubs in favour of it just now and I think there's some of that being down to them all being terrified of being relegated early. Clubs like Hamilton who were dead against it in March are (allegedly) much more open to it now.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's the last of the options that would be considered. I know some clubs have worked with sponsors etc to put contingencies in place should football get suspended again so it would be, in theory, less damaging that it was ln March.

From what I've heard though it remains very much the 'nuclear' option and tbh, I wasn't that surprised that there as many clubs in favour of it just now and I think there's some of that being down to them all being terrified of being relegated early. Clubs like Hamilton who were dead against it in March are (allegedly) much more open to it now.

That is fucked up. I want us to be able to complete all games and win fairley if it gets to the point the league is stopped and N & V is on the table that is a nonsense.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

That doesn't really makes much sense.

There's still the issues with refund of ST monies, league positions payouts, promotion, entry to Europe that are dependent on league positions on conclusion of the league

Why would n&v interest those above last place or 2  in the leagues? Surely for all but bottom teams PPG suits better than voiding? Yet 17 voted in favour.  

If it was to be called tomorrow. Id have thought less than 17 benefit from n&v, so why would that change after more games but up to the unknown threshold?

This is coming across as political and ganeplaying not sporting. My biggest surprise is you're not surprised there's 17 in agreement with it. You said just the other day that question was the one with most likely unanimity  ( at 0% support id assume ).

Edit. Suppose it might have a different feel in the other 3 leagues given they've just started. Though still surprising. Woukd make more sense all round if we knew the games to be played threshold.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That doesn't really makes much sense.

There's still the issues with refund of ST monies, league positions payouts, promotion, entry to Europe that are dependent on league positions on conclusion of the league

Why would n&v interest those above last place or 2  in the leagues? Surely for all but bottom teams PPG suits better than voiding? Yet 17 voted in favour.  

If it was to be called tomorrow. Id have thought less than 17 benefit from n&v, so why would that change after more games but up to the unknown threshold?

This is coming across as political and ganeplaying not sporting. My biggest surprise is you're not surprised there's 17 in agreement with it. You said just the other day that question was the one with most likely unanimity  ( at 0% support id assume ).

Clubs are more confident now that fans won't seek refunds now that we've got a pretty recent example of similar circumstances and fans not pushing for refunds in any great numbers - same with any sponsors. The biggest financial hit that was taken was to TV companies.

I am somewhat surprised that 17 voted in favour of it just now but I'd be very confident in saying that number would change drastically if N&V was put to clubs much later in the season. Clubs who are open to it now will be very quick to change their mind if in, say, March, they are sitting top of their respective division having been 5th or 6th today. Similarly there will be clubs who didnt vote in favour of it just now who could quickly change if they find themselves bottom of the table.

Were it to be called tomorrow it would be suspended with a view to restarting later and cramming games in as much as possible - unless we were suddenly put into a six-month lockdown with professional sport being included. That's almost certainly not going to happen.

One of the issues with the N&V question is that it doesn't actually explain what that would look like and clubs seem to have taken that as meaning the 'Dutch model' where everything still stands, they just basically don't award trophies.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Any idea on the threshold figures or any means of getting them?

No specific number but think they're just trying to get an idea of what would generally be acceptable. If everyone decides three rounds of games and then we get banged into lockdown after the second, it would be easier to schedule to that point than trying to get a full season in - or at least to have a minimum to try work towards.

MLS have had to do PPG as a result of lockdowns and teams not playing the same number of games this season.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No specific number but think they're just trying to get an idea of what would generally be acceptable. If everyone decides three rounds of games and then we get banged into lockdown after the second, it would be easier to schedule to that point than trying to get a full season in - or at least to have a minimum to try work towards.

MLS have had to do PPG as a result of lockdowns and teams not playing the same number of games this season.

Surely we plan for whats in the current rules, ie for us 38 games, then put in a threshold ie 30 games and decide now what happens before or after thats reached? By a definitive date.

Seems like they do anything but make a decision.

Archived