SPFL Covid questions to clubs

MattyBlue

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Thats what they've asked. (the date the league can't go past is already set because of the Euros). 

Have they been asked how many games they would consider the threshold at which leagues are to be considered concluded if all games cant be played?

Have lower leagues had their final game dates set in stone?

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

PPG isn't the precedent because its not what strictly happened last season. When the league ended, PPG wasn't the prescribed solution in the rules but needed a vote. So the methodology to end the season was clubs voting on solutions. 

Yeah I've said that previously in various threads. I agree.

What options other than PPG did the spfl put on the table for clubs to vote on? 

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Yeah I've said that previously in various threads. I agree.

What options other than PPG did the spfl put on the table for clubs to vote on? 

Formally to vote on? That was it. Several others, including N&V were discussed and lacked support.

Just now, The Dude said:

Formally to vote on? That was it. Several others, including N&V were discussed and lacked support.

I recall there was heavy swaying in favour of PPG. Seriously heavy.

Can't recall if they voted to have PPG as the methodology or whether the spfl took the executive vote on that, then put only that on the table.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Have they been asked how many games they would consider the threshold at which leagues are to be considered concluded if all games cant be played?

Have lower leagues had their final game dates set in stone?

No, theyve been asked what they would view as an acceptable number.

Yes afaik the lower three division are all set in stone too.

Just now, The Dude said:

No, theyve been asked what they would view as an acceptable number.

Yes afaik the lower three division are all set in stone too.

That wasn't on the disclosed list of questions or results. Why show a bit of transparency over certain aspects but not others. Not as if any of it is more sensitive than others,nor set in stone.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I recall there was heavy swaying in favour of PPG. Seriously heavy.

Can't recall if they voted to have PPG as the methodology or whether the spfl took the executive vote on that, then put only that on the table.

Clubs were informally polled on how to end the season. PPG was the most popular choice and the only one to have garnered enough support to take to a formal vote.

Other suggestions included waiting until june/july and trying to restart (clubs said no because player contracts end on May 31st in most cases); rolling back to the last completed round of games, trying to restart using localised hubs for clubs and one or two others.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That wasn't on the disclosed list of questions or results. Why show a bit of transparency over certain aspects but not others. Not as if any of it is more sensitive than others,nor set in stone.

Yes it was.

"How many games do you believe need to be completed for a season in a division to be considered valid?"

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Unless you get rid of tarriers in these organizations there will be no fairness mate. 

For what the two organisations do I can’t see we can’t allocate SPFL workload onto SFA, getting rid of at least one corrupt organisation. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

For what the two organisations do I can’t see we can’t allocate SPFL workload onto SFA, getting rid of at least one corrupt organisation. 

It would just be a bigger corrupt organization mate if folded into one. You already know how they operate. 

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yes it was.

"How many games do you believe need to be completed for a season in a division to be considered valid?"

So it was 😂.

With the most ambiguous reply of the lot.

"a wide range of views were expressed as to how many fixtures should be completed for a valid season to be deemed to have been completed, in the event of early curtailment" 🙄

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it was 😂.

"a wide range of views were expressed as to how many fixtures should be completed for a valid season to be deemed to have been completed, in the event of early curtailment" 🙄

22 would seem right (home & away) but if we are still top of the league by then, it will be more like 75%+ 

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it was 😂.

It's not as binary a question as the others but will give them a baseline to work from now

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I appreciate that. Its still less informative to readers than other responses.

Whats your overall take on where this is headed?

stalemate until the shit hits the fan then mad panic as we rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic.

The same self-interest that clubs complained about last time is still there, it's just bubbling under the surface just now though because nothings really at stake yet.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Null and void was never presented as an option to the clubs.

It was removed because it could potentially have stopped NIAR and that was unthinkable.

Dont say it lacked support when, in truth, it was never an option.

Neil Doncaster mulling it over while doing a shit before getting it vetoed by Big Peter does not count as “discussed”

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

stalemate until the shit hits the fan then mad panic as we rearrange the deck chairs on the titanic.

The same self-interest that clubs complained about last time is still there, it's just bubbling under the surface just now though because nothings really at stake yet.

Is it likely to be 75% per league again? Do you think any aspect be it methodology before (n&v), methodology after (PPG), or threshold level (fuck knows) will be agreed in advance of it actually being needed?

I assume you're of the opinion its an all for one conclusion again. Ie all leagues need to finish one way or the other, in the same manner, and if they don't then no leagues could be deemed complete?

14 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Null and void was never presented as an option to the clubs.

It was removed because it could potentially have stopped NIAR and that was unthinkable.

Dont say it lacked support when, in truth, it was never an option.

Neil Doncaster mulling it over while doing a shit before getting it vetoed by Big Peter does not count as “discussed”

Categorically false. It was 100% discussed by clubs as a possible option and very few saw it as a serious option.

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Is it likely to be 75% per league again? Do you think any aspect be it methodology before (n&v), methodology after (PPG), or threshold level (fuck knows) will be agreed in advance of it actually being needed?

I assume you're of the opinion its an all for one conclusion again. Ie all leagues need to finish one way or the other, in the same manner, and if they don't then no leagues could be deemed complete?

Aye, I'd expect somewhere around that figure.

I think there might be a little potential for variance (Premiership and then CH/L1/L2 as a group) but that would depend on what restrictions were in place. Assuming all the leagues were pulled at the same time similar to march, it'll be a one-size-fits-all but if there was to be the possibility of only the Prem continuing while the others were suspended then the Prem would be allowed to continue while the others finished.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Categorically false. It was 100% discussed by clubs as a possible option and very few saw it as a serious option.

That completely contradicts Doncaster.

He stated that a number of options were potentially available, including N&V, but that they were discarded before the clubs got a say.

A number of clubs later complained about not having ALL the options on the table and not just those favoured by Doncaster/Liewell.

Stop rewriting history.

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

That completely contradicts Doncaster.

He stated that a number of options were potentially available, including N&V, but that they were discarded before the clubs got a say.

A number of clubs later complained about not having ALL the options on the table and not just those favoured by Doncaster/Liewell.

Stop rewriting history.

Clubs also held near-daily talks both in their own wee groups and cliques and also as a larger body (as I spoke about on here way back in March and April). I can say without fear of contradiction that clubs discussed the potential of voiding the season and there was no interest in pursuing it. Every option other than PPG was discarded before clubs formally got a say but it was absolutely one of the options discussed.

Archived