Ofcom complaints table

OceanRain

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's staggering 332 complaints out of the 605 made. I would like to know what was meant by  “hypnotic and other techniques” in the statistics.

Statistics from Ofcom revealed that the Scottish Premiership side garnered 332 complaints – more than seven times that of nearest rivals Manchester United with 48 and more than 30 times the number of complaints registered about rivals Rangers between August 2019 and August 2020.

Of Celtic’s 332 complaints, virtually all resulted from the Hoops’ match against Kilmarnock at Rugby Park in January 2020, specifically after Leigh Griffiths’ goal celebrating in which he “shushed” former Rangers and Killie striker Kris Boyd.

The FoI, carried out by BuzzBingo, found that of the 605 total complaints made about sports TV programmes screened on Sky Sports, BT Sport, and ITV more than 80 per cent – 552 – concerned football matches.

The 457 complaints made about Griffiths’ celebration fell under the “generally accepted standards” category of complaint.

Manchester United and Manchester City received 48 and 41 complaints respectively, while Spurs and Chelsea made up the rest of the top five with 34 and 29 complaints.

Rangers garnered just ten Ofcom complaints – fewer than Sheffield United, Liverpool, and West Ham.

A total of 53 comlpaints – 7.7 per cent of the total – referenced racial discrimination while 29 complaints (4.2 per cent) concerned violence.

Offensive language received just 23 complaints – just over three per cent of the total.

Of the 605 complaints, 11 concerned “hypnotic and other techniques” although there was no information given on what these might have referred to.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/celtic-and-ofcom-foi-reveals-hoops-are-most-complained-about-club-britain-3018554

Hold on a minute.

Is it us that raised the complaints because of Griffiths celebration?

If so, we should hunt down whoever phoned Ofcom and publicly flog them.

I refuse to believe that can possibly be right though, I genuinely think that the rancid mob are the only ones who would go down the route of raising complaints with Ofcom.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hold on a minute.

I refuse to believe that can possibly be right though, I genuinely think that the rancid mob are the only ones who would go down the route of raising complaints with Ofcom.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Hold on a minute.

The stats are from August 2019 and August 2020 I thought it maybe down to their fans phoning in over that Sky translation thingy. 

25 minutes ago, The Socrates. said:

That reads more like us complaining about it or am a just getting confused?

You may be correct. The news paper article breaks it down as 

The FoI, carried out by BuzzBingo, found that of the 605 total complaints made about sports TV programmes screened on Sky Sports, BT Sport, and ITV more than 80 per cent – 552 – concerned football matches.

The 457 complaints made about Griffiths’ celebration fell under the “generally accepted standards” category of complaint.

Manchester United and Manchester City received 48 and 41 complaints respectively, while Spurs and Chelsea made up the rest of the top five with 34 and 29 complaints.

Rangers garnered just ten Ofcom complaints – fewer than Sheffield United, Liverpool, and West Ham.

A total of 53 comlpaints – 7.7 per cent of the total – referenced racial discrimination while 29 complaints (4.2 per cent) concerned violence.

Offensive language received just 23 complaints – just over three per cent of the total.

Of the 605 complaints, 11 concerned “hypnotic and other techniques” although there was no information given on what these might have referred to.

7 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

We should be complaining about the lack of coverage of our matches on BBC, supposedly a PUBLIC SERVICE broadcaster. The lying bastards ecen say we are in dispute with them. They're the ones who spat the dummy.

Correct ,absolute disgrace and embarrassing that this organisation completely ignore covering out matches on radio .

Looking very likely we will qualify and tarriers won’t ,Will they ignore our knockout games when the peado protectors are out ,highly unlikely ,last night they even had commentary from the ladies international but continue to ignore the best team in the country .

Archived