Brilliant man. That was a tough, tough game.

British_Empire

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not seen anything from Roofe so far that makes me think he can take Morelos’s place or eventually replace him.

He looks slow and ponderous.

He’s not at all,he might not be Alfie replacement but to say he’s slow and ponderous is ludicrous tbh.

A front 3 of Kent,Alfie and Roofe is our strongest attack 

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

x17 clean sheets in 20 game.
The 3 games we conceded, 1 was Easter Road (a game that both sides generally score), 1 was an own goal and the other was a late consolation for Galatasary in Europe.
All the other European games and Parkhead - complete shut out's.

Wanking material that :jizz:

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He’s not at all,he might not be Alfie replacement but to say he’s slow and ponderous is ludicrous tbh.

A front 3 of Kent,Alfie and Roofe is our strongest attack 

Whether it’s Morelos, Roofe or Itten, they either play through the middle or not at all.

This playing them on right,left or number 10 role to squeeze them in team is stupid.

Tough game but a great result, they were a very good technical team.

Played possession football right from the keeper and tried to suck us in, in order to open us up at the back. It made for frustrating viewing at times but great credit to the team for limiting their chances and getting the victory.

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not seeing the roofe everyone else seems to be

He's not set the place alight, but he's got something about him IMO. 

You can't really judge him, well you can - but I don't think it's fair cos I don't think he's ever played 2 full games in a row for us due to injuries and selection so far.

To an extent (even though he's a regular player) Hagi is the same in that some of us see wee bits we like and value they bring and others just don't see it. 

Over the course of the season, If we win the league I think people will look back and look fondly on the contributions players like them (and Arfield) bring.

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Whether it’s Morelos, Roofe or Itten, they either play through the middle or not at all.

This playing them on right,left or number 10 role to squeeze them in team is stupid.

I agree buddy. Look how badly we are doing in the league and in Europe.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

He's not set the place alight, but he's got something about him IMO. 

You can't really judge him, well you can - but I don't think it's fair cos I don't think he's ever played 2 full games in a row for us due to injuries and selection so far.

To an extent (even though he's a regular player) Hagi is the same in that some of us see wee bits we like and value they bring and others just don't see it. 

Over the course of the season, If we win the league I think people will look back and look fondly on the contributions players like them (and Arfield) bring.

Speaking of Arfield.. I love him... but the last couple of games he seems to be going back to the player he really is which is a #12 or 13th player in the team. Aribo should be starting ahead of him. I'm not criticizing Scotty because I love him, I just think there are slightly better players in the waiting...

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Speaking of Arfield.. I love him... but the last couple of games he seems to be going back to the player he really is which is a #12 or 13th player in the team. Aribo should be starting ahead of him. I'm not criticizing Scotty because I love him, I just think there are slightly better players in the waiting...

I think both should be rotated accordingly depending on opposition and what weaknesses we can exploit at any given time.

There's room for both to get plenty, plenty game time.

42 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

On another night we could easily have lost that game, we dug in and got the 3 points in the bag that will hopefully go towards getting us out the group stages.

Collectively we are much more professional and even on a night we have a few players below par we have others who can step up to the plate and win the game for us.

Good 3 points.

Long time gone but not forgotten. :boughy:

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Arfield playing well gives us great balance though as Gerrard prefers Kamara on the left of midfield 3 and with the way he is playing at the moment he’s untouchable.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We haven't had the "perfect" right winger since Candeias left and he was never really deemed good enough. Since then we have shoehorned Arfield, Aribo and Hagi in that spot and although they have done alright, it is still not their natural position. It isn't Roofe's either but I think he would be more adaptable than anyone else we currently have.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Arfield playing well gives us great balance though as Gerrard prefers Kamara on the left of midfield 3 and with the way he is playing at the moment he’s untouchable.

For sure, Gerrard has been loyal to the success of Arfield, Davis and Kamara. I like that. However, I was surprised Jack did not start.

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I think both should be rotated accordingly depending on opposition and what weaknesses we can exploit at any given time.

There's room for both to get plenty, plenty game time.

It's been a long time since us bears have had the options to argue about the starting 11. Long may it continue...

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

For sure, Gerrard has been loyal to the success of Arfield, Davis and Kamara. I like that. However, I was surprised Jack did not start.

I could have handled him starting (or not) tonight because Europe is a different game than domestically. I thought Jack was excellent in Liege for example - as well as other European games.

However, he can't start at Rugby Park on Sunday. I don't want to be hard on him (I know I always comment on him and I do come across as I've issues/picking on him - I don't mean to) but if starts then I think we drop the points.

For Sunday, against a rigid, well-drilled Kilmarnock side, on that pitch then we need the mixture and tempo of Davis, Kamara and/or Arfield/Aribo - either is fine with me.

OP is right about Hagi that was the worst I’ve ever seen him play tonight 

Barisic, 2 good crosses aside was like a man down at the back and needed a lot of help from Kamara,Balogun and Kent. Player of his quality needs to do better

Archived