• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cant expect to take anything from Benfica - anything we do is a bonus. ideall the Poznan v Liege games are both draws and wed be all but through.

We're in a good place and can hopefully take something from our back to back games against Benfica

Last night Benfica equalled the record of consecutive games without losing at home in the Europa League... 23 games. Liege undefeated at home for 6 years... Poznan's first blank in their last 20

Posted Images

Benfica are a very good side. Anything we get from that double header would be an achievement. I think itll come down to those two final games against Poznan and Standard to get us over the line and in to the knockouts.

gmcf likes this

Over the years in Europe, we seemto have a pretty goodrecord of doing well in the first couple of group stage games. Unfortunately, we have tended to fall away in the later stage games. Hopefully this season, like last year, we go on and finish the job. Be good if we did it with a game or two to spare this time.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Cant expect to take anything from Benfica - anything we do is a bonus.

ideall the Poznan v Liege games are both draws and wed be all but through.

I dunno mate, we shouldnt be fearing Benfica at Ibrox! We took 4 off Porto last season who had the beating of them!

Being the underdog suits us but I wont be in any way surprised to see us take 3 or 4 points off them!

29 minutes ago, TMB said:

Benfica are a very good side. Anything we get from that double header would be an achievement. I think itll come down to those two final games against Poznan and Standard to get us over the line and in to the knockouts.

Cheers captain obvious

OhW likes this
2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Respectfully disagree, we can beat them at Ibrox, and get a draw away, far from being unrealistic. Benfica should be the ones wondering how they get a result against us.

Benfica are a big step up in quality, anything we can take from those games is a bonus if you're being realistic

What ever results we've had against Portuguese teams historically has no bearing on this game.