Group D: The Table

Virtuoso

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I thought they were alright

We were quite shite this evening which probably made them look better but they certainly didn't seem dreadful 

I thought given the way we played tonight a good team would’ve put us under a lot more pressure. They defended reasonably but final third they were poor didn’t trouble McGregor all night 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Respectfully disagree, we can beat them at Ibrox, and get a draw away, far from being unrealistic. Benfica should be the ones wondering how they get a result against us.

Hmmm. They’re top notch & really should be in the Champions League. Wouldn’t be surprise if we take points across the 2 games but not under any illusions the huge step up in quality from Liege/Poznan 

28 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Anything over in Lisbon against them is a bonus, a draw could be achievable though.

Even a slim defeat with Liege and Poznan drawing wouldn't be a bad nights work in all honesty.

How's your Euro away days planning out for Benfica and Lech? I assume that crank earlier in the match thread was a tarrier😋

1 minute ago, badjon said:

How's your Euro away days planning out for Benfica and Lech? I assume that crank earlier in the match thread was a tarrier😋

He's not replied to my PM yet so I'm no sure.

I'm speaking to the Benfica business accounts manager about hospitality for next week. It's basically all lined up, but waiting on him getting back to me to confirm. I assume he's been busy this afternoon and tonight as they were playing at home. Hopefully get it confirmed tomorrow.

Poznan we're book our flights. No idea how we're seeing the match yet, but we will - we always do :ycv:

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

He's not replied to my PM yet so I'm no sure.

I'm speaking to the Benfica business accounts manager about hospitality for next week. It's basically all lined up, but waiting on him getting back to me to confirm. I assume he's been busy this afternoon and tonight as they were playing at home. Hopefully get it confirmed tomorrow.

Poznan we're book our flights. No idea how we're seeing the match yet, but we will - we always do :ycv:

Pm me with prices if any spare. 

Appreciate you'll have a few boys ahead of me in the queue.

Some people shitting themselves at benfica. wouldn't be going into the game hoping for a draw lol. Fucking get tore into them and get 3 points. 

Fancy us to win the group. We can defeat or at least hold our own against good European teams. 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Pm me with prices if any spare. 

Appreciate you'll have a few boys ahead of me in the queue.

If you guys get over for the tie let us know what its like regards food drink etc will be interesting to compare as corporate seats experience can be a fucking rip off here! Hopefully its 100 euro unlimited whatever food and some of that fizzy portuguese lager unlimited!

7 minutes ago, badjon said:

If you guys get over for the tie let us know what its like regards food drink etc will be interesting to compare as corporate seats experience can be a fucking rip off here! Hopefully its 100 euro unlimited whatever food and some of that fizzy portuguese lager unlimited!

Try 400 euro 😭

3 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Would settle for 3 points from the next two, 4+ would be fantastic.

3 or4 points would be excellent.  I don't think I'd be raging if we only managed 2 points from next 2 games though.

Benfica are up there with the best teams that we have faced in a while.

Looking at this thread .Guys definitely have us playing the name 

We beat Porto home and should have won away. Braga home and away .

Thats how I would be looking at it .
In Europe ,we are a good team with a very good record against Portuguese sides .They will be worrying about us 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Looking at this thread .Guys definitely have us playing the name 

We beat Porto home and should have won away. Braga home and away .

Thats how I would be looking at it .
In Europe ,we are a good team with a very good record against Portuguese sides .They will be worrying about us 

Spot on , we have a habit on here of hyping up every team we come up against. We are well capable of taking all points from Benfica.

It's teams who sit in we struggle against, Benfica aren't going to be doing that so I'm looking forward to the matches.

I think we will get something from those matches, especially at ibrox - I'd be going for the win if I was Gerrard.

9 hours ago, GA1972 said:

We beat Porto who ended up being champions last season

We’ll have to play far better than we did tonight to trouble Benfica, though the fact they conceded 2 against Poznan is encouraging I thought Poznan were dreadful 

Can’t remember where I heard it but listened to a so called expert on polish football the other night .He said that Poznan were very attacking but had an awful defence .Some of their stats seemed to back that up.

But last night they did look better defending than in attack .Maybe looked at how we have been playing and set up more defensive .

Thats a decent run we have now in Europe ,5 games no goals conceded and if we want to be picky you could add in the 2 games in that pre season tournament in France where we didn’t concede either .

10 hours ago, Virtuoso said:

Screenshot-2020-10-29-21-57-58-460.jpg

We're in a good place and can hopefully take something from our back to back games against Benfica 🤞🤞

Not only this V, above the prestige we are once again regaining in European competition, these two wins gives us in the region of £1.2mill in the bank, Phenomenal boost to the club during these testing times...

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Spot on , we have a habit on here of hyping up every team we come up against. We are well capable of taking all points from Benfica.

I’m looking for minimum 4 confidently .No fans in their ground .No reason why we can’t win this game .Something the bheasts have never done away .And they’ve played then umpteen times 

Archived