Group D: The Table

Virtuoso

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I’m looking for minimum 4 confidently .No fans in their ground .No reason why we can’t win this game .Something the bheasts have never done away .And they’ve played then umpteen times 

So you wouldn't be happy with 3 points?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

Benfica undefeated in 23 home games in Europa League...if we come away with anything over there then it’ll be some achievement.

Saw that stat. We seem to like breaking runs and records at the moment i.e. liege so bizarrely that makes me more confident :confused:

19 minutes ago, Swally said:

It's teams who sit in we struggle against, Benfica aren't going to be doing that so I'm looking forward to the matches.

I think we will get something from those matches, especially at ibrox - I'd be going for the win if I was Gerrard.

I think this also, I definitely think we have one win coming up against them. The tempo will definitely be up on last nights performance imo, even just based on the prestige and form of the club we’ll be facing, plus their style of play (as above, no low block) will suit our own game. Looking forward to it...

5 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

3 points or more would be fantastic from the Benfica ties, 1 point wouldn't be a bad outcome - as long as we pick up more points from the Benfica games than Liege do.

1 wouldn’t be bad 🤣Have a word with your self .So defeatist 

Benfica are a very strong side with quality attacking players.  They’ll be the best team we’ve come up against this season.  It’ll be a real test and I think anything would be a bonus.  Ideally Poznan and Standard draw at least one of their games and keep their points totals low.

Just now, Iakona said:

Last night Benfica equalled the record of games without losing at home to the Europa League... 23 games.

Liege undefeated for 6 years... Poznan's first blank in their last 20 games. Let's add another to list...

Just pure luck on our behalf 😃

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

We are becoming a seriously bad ass team once again I'm sure the clubs looking to go far in this tournament will be sitting up and taking note now

I am sure us a AC Milan would have been the 2 pot 3 teams everyone wanted to avoid. 

6 hours ago, Iakona said:

Last night Benfica equalled the record of consecutive games without losing at home in the Europa League... 23 games.

Liege undefeated at home for 6 years... Poznan's first blank in their last 20 games. Let's add another to list...

cheers for sharing mate didn't know that time for benfica's to be destroyed  

Archived