*****The Official Kilmarnock v Rangers Match Thread*****

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Of course, and if they all keep it up this season then you can't doubt it.

Even if we were to drastically throw everything away, I don't think it's a contradiction to claim they are still talented players, though. 

You've seen the proof - the games in Europe, Old Firm victories, clean sheets etc etc.

You can, however, question their mentality, bottle, winning attitudes etc. That will be very much in the spotlight again (and rightly so).

You get really talented players who just don't win things. 

I'm confident that this season we're a different animal though. We seem to have a totally different mentality (to go along with the talent).

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They were all pish for big spells of the season though, that's the point. It wasn't only one game here or there. Kamara and Aribo were pish more often than not last season as well.

Of course, and if they all keep it up this season then you can't doubt it.

People with a bigger vision see the potential players like Aribo & Kamars have now proven. Kent is beginning to show that and Hagi within time will show it. Morelos will once again find his touch because he is too good not to.

In the meantime, RM will judge game by game and be negative.  It is how it is on here.

I fucking choke this place when we drop points... No team have ever won a league undefeated.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Even if we were to drastically throw everything away, I don't think it's a contradiction to claim they are still talented players, though. 

You've seen the proof - the games in Europe, Old Firm victories, clean sheets etc etc.

You can, however, question their mentality, bottle, winning attitudes etc. That will be very much in the spotlight again (and rightly so).

You get really talented players who just don't win things. 

I'm confident that this season we're a different animal though. We seem to have a totally different mentality (to go along with the talent).

If they were only showing it in spells then there is every right for people to say what you've said they shouldn't though, imo.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

People with a bigger vision see the potential players like Aribo & Kamars have now proven. Kent is beginning to show that and Hagi within time will show it. Morelos will once again find his touch because he is too good not to.

In the meantime, RM will judge game by game and be negative.  It is how it is on here.

I fucking choke this place when we drop points... No team have ever won undefeated.

With some players, yes, others no.

If they were only showing it in spells then there is every right for people to say what you've said they shouldn't though, imo.

I dunno if you're acting dumb on purpose or something. It's two different issues - players talent and abilities and their mentality/bottle etc.

Even last season (and I suppose the season before) when we were throwing leads away and dropping points from stupid individual mistakes, you could (or should) still see it's a talented group of players who were technically very good and could give anyone a game on their day.

Consistency I suppose too. Good players, but inconsistent. 

We've now (touch wood) sorted the inconsistency issues.

5 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

You’d think an Arsenal fan of all people would understand that.

:boydie:

Arsenal's actually a really good example of a team for years who played good football, had some really good players, but couldn't win a thing.

With some players, yes, others no.

Then you are not looking at the bigger picture mate. This team is currently in sync so therefore every player can't be a 10 rating every single game. It is a team game and from  goalkeeper to the back four to the midfield to the front, we are playing as a unit. Long may it continue and at present, no player can be slagged. 

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I dunno if you're acting dumb on purpose or something. It's two different issues - players talent and abilities and their mentality/bottle etc.

Even last season (and I suppose the season before) when we were throwing leads away and dropping points from stupid individual mistakes, you could (or should) still see it's a talented group of players who were technically very good and could give anyone a game on their day.

There's no acting....

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Arsenal's actually a really good example of a team for years who played good football, had some really good players, but couldn't win a thing.

Exactly. Arsenal play the game the way it is supposed to be played.

In England it is more difficult to win, but in Scotland that style wins all the time.

We are a close team to Arsenal & Liverpool's approach to the game.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

People weren't wrong with what they were saying last season at the point they were saying it, was my point. 

If players are pish more than they were good -Kamara, Aribo, and Arfield (Davis to a lesser extent) - then you can see why people can doubt if players just have a good spell of games. Of course so far this season it looks different. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

There's no acting....

Ironic, Mr Paranoia :)

People weren't wrong with what they were saying last season at the point they were saying it, was my point. 

If players are pish more than they were good -Kamara, Aribo, and Arfield (Davis to a lesser extent) - then you can see why people can doubt if players just have a good spell of games. Of course so far this season it looks different. 

Ironic, Mr Paranoia :)

Difference being, if we have players off form we have like for like replacements for them this year, that know the drills, and should "hit the ground running" 

If Steven Gerrard doesn't treat this game like he would an old firm or Scotland v England game, then he hasn't learned a single thing. This team in recent years has  cost us big time. I hate Killie, 3rd only to celtic and Aberdeen and tomorrow I hope we totally fuck them. 

38 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I fucking choke this place when we drop points... No team have ever won a league undefeated.

Not sure if you are being serious with your last comment 

Archived