Borna

McEwan's Lager

Don’t think he’s got nearly enough praise on here or elsewhere over his performance last night.

Focus has only been on the eventual winner but it wasn’t just the one world class ball he put in, he put in a good few more last night.

I’m sure guys like Mark Hateley or Dado Prso would be watching him thinking fuck me i’d have loved him out wide in my team.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said a few times on here, he's our best technical player along with Kamara and Hagi. The composure and ability to keep the ball under intense pressure is remarkable and he's a left back, not a midfielder like the other two. 

The cross in the first half straight on to Roofe's head which he headed into the ground, was just as impressive as the one in the second half. 

I would like to think Itten, when we give him game time, could get on the end of some of those crosses. Roofe looks garbage aerially and Morelos is decent with his movement but doesn't have the height to power above defenders the way Itten should be capable of

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don’t think he’s got nearly enough praise on here or elsewhere over his performance last night.

Focus has only been on the eventual winner but it wasn’t just the one world class ball he put in, he put in a good few more last night.

I’m sure guys like Mark Hateley or Dado Prso would be watching him thinking fuck me i’d have loved him out wide in my team.

Thought the same. Brilliant game. Hateley would have been scoring for fun with the quality of the crosses he was putting in.

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I've said a few times on here, he's our best technical player along with Kamara and Hagi. The composure and ability to keep the ball under intense pressure is remarkable and he's a left back, not a midfielder like the other two. 

The cross in the first half straight on to Roofe's head which he headed into the ground, was just as impressive as the one in the second half. 

I would like to think Itten, when we give him game time, could get on the end of some of those crosses. Roofe looks garbage aerially and Morelos is decent with his movement but doesn't have the height to power above defenders the way Itten should be capable of

Hagi needs dropped. Last night was as wasteful a performance as I have ever seen from him 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I wish Hagi was maybe a bit more like his old man temperament wise (similar to Morelos). A bit more swagger, a bit more belief, some arrogance.

Borna gets plenty of praise.  Start a thread asking people who our best player is and he’ll be at the top of it or thereabouts.  He’s the best attacking LB we’ve had since Numan.  I wouldn’t be surprised if a team put a massive bid in at some point.  His quality wont be going unnoticed.  

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I wish Hagi was maybe a bit more like his old man temperament wise (similar to Morelos). A bit more swagger, a bit more belief, some arrogance.

He is too nice. I'd like to see him get in the gym too and put some muscle on too. Needs to get on whatever diet Aribo was on because he looks like a monster these days. 

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He is too nice. I'd like to see him get in the gym too and put some muscle on too. Needs to get on whatever diet Aribo was on because he looks like a monster these days. 

I think if you have the kind of technical ability he has you have to own it and be a prick. At the moment he’s reminding me a bit of Thomas Buffel.

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think if you have the kind of technical ability he has you have to own it and be a prick. At the moment he’s reminding me a bit of Thomas Buffel.

I think with Hagi it’s confidence. If it’s not happening for him his head goes down and the worse he gets. Needs a game where his first few touches come off and he starts to believe in himself.

Amazing what that free kick at St Mirren did for him. Was gutted when it appeared initially it wasn't going to work out especially after he impressed against us for Osijek. But after that, he's been superb.

Said last night but he's the best crosser I've seen at the club since McCann and there's a good argument he's better. Love him.

1 minute ago, Thermopylae said:

Very interesting comments from Neil McCann last night he was saying that he's sure BB must have played at least some of his career as a winger because his crossing is not just good but has so much subtlety.

What makes it even better is that I have enough faith in those upstairs that I know we won't cash in until the time is right  

Archived