Borna

McEwan's Lager

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'm actually surprised we kept him I thought he was one player we would find it hard to hold on to.

I actually think he'll sign a new contract and stay next season tbh.

He's already the first choice LB for Croatia and playing regularly in Europe, with the champions league next season as well. 

Money talks obviously, but i think he's happy here.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's already the first choice LB for Croatia and playing regularly in Europe, with the champions league next season as well. 

If this season goes how we all hope I doubt anybody will want to leave an the end of it, the club will have to want a certain player to leave to part with them IMO, even Alfie

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

He's 28 next week and in the best form of his career. If a Prem or a decent level euro team come in for him with a decent bid.. I think he will be pretty tempted to move on. 

10 hours ago, BlueMe said:

I hope he does stay maybe he will be like Numan or Novo who really get what it is to play for this club.

2 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

Bassey had been very impressive when called upon,  I think if we have bad luck with injuries, suspensions,  etc.  He could slot in on the left midfield if required. 

Looks really strong mate. You could be right on the midfield thing however we have plenty of players there. Have no fear of him covering for Borna though. He’s only going to get better. Thought I read somewhere that oily face was not pleased that he left Leicester. 👍

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Looks really strong mate. You could be right on the midfield thing however we have plenty of players there. Have no fear of him covering for Borna though. He’s only going to get better. Thought I read somewhere that oily face was not pleased that he left Leicester. 👍

At the moment we do seem to have plenty of midfield options , but anything can happen,  injuries and suspensions, loss of form , and potential covid issues,  Davis is nearing the end of his career, Jack has a recurring calf problem   Arfield is playing well just now but could go off the boil, Zungu is an unknown quantity, if Kamara got an injury we could suddenly start to look short of options,  I was just saying in a worst case scenario then Bassey could provide cover on the left midfield. Of course we all hope we don't reach that stage. 

Archived