First thoughts when you hear this

ready1873

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Probably but so be it, not better going for it in a one off game? 

You could argue fiorentina away was a one off given we drew 0-0 at ibrox, we didnt go for it then, he set us up to our strengths, maybe if cousin wasnt banned he might have been a bit more forward minded

Plus they were knackered, going for it burns energy a lot quicker,

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got let down for a ticket on the day, guy just completed patched me! Had £400 in an envelope for the ticket so chanced my luck at the stadium! Seen a guy throw a ticket up and everybody swarmed him asking how much etc. Didn’t ask him how much he wanted just told him there was £400 in the envelope & he handed the ticket over.

Turns out it was right in amongst the Zenit fans. An absolute hero of a steward clicked on when he saw me hanging about at the top of the stairs & asked if I was a Rangers fan, so explained what had happened & he said no bother, he was City fan through & through & would do anything to see them play so said he would sort me out. 

Walked me round to the Rangers end, told me to hang about the top of the stairs and find a spot to stand when kick off arrived! Told the steward at the top of the stairs what was happening as well! Absolute heart break when their second went in though 😕

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If we had opened up i think zenit would have destroyed us, theres a reason we played defensively all tournament, 

When you look at the players we had in that team it was a miracle we go to the final. Took a lot of tactical nous from Smith 

On 30/10/2020 at 23:42, BridgeIsBlue said:

That league title still hurts the most, we should've won the treble that season. 

Zenit were a good side but I still think Bremen were better,could've been a different game if Novo had started and Cousin wasn't suspended. 

Not for me. Zenit battered a Bayern Munich side that finished the season 10 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga. They were a top side and would probably have slaughtered us if we tried to have a go at them in that final.

Archived