• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems ridiculous when we’re top of the league and joint top in Europa Group... But, they’re really not playing very well are they? We’re squandering so many breaks by overplaying it, poor decisio

Roofe-Morelos-Kent are our strongest front 3. Kent is being over played right now. 

Still at a loss why we didn’t/don’t bring in a natural right sided forward instead of playing a different player out of position there every week. Morelos link up play was decent second half and

Not really mate, taking in the opposition, home or away game, plastic pitch, tactics have to change.

Teams pack their defence in the League games making it harder.

Also, take into account the total shots on target from opposition we have played and I doubt you'll get more than the fingers on your hands.

TopCat likes this

The manager needs to find a settled front three and let them bed in. This constant switching about is not working in the forward area. He needs to decide his strongest front three and let them play together for a good few weeks. Half the time they look like they havent met each other before.

HG5, kanjo and TopCat like this

Depends what you want from them. At the moment they are working hard for the team and defending from the front. It’s not just the backs that deserve credit for our clean sheets. Agree o would be happier if we had a firing striker though. We won and there should be no negativity at the moment 

I thought Itten and Morelos did well today. I'm not worried about the forwards but as we have options to rotate.

Kent's been poor lately but he is the only one guaranteed a start funnily.

By the way, it's a very good thing that we have goals coming from all over the pitch, the polar opposite problem to what we've had the last few seasons.

I actually disagree on chances, very few seem clear cut to me, rarely do our forwards get a wee slide rule pass to them in space etc or any cuts backs in space either. More like half chances we get. Also Morelos and Itten were out wide quite a bit today when we really need them to be in box.  Hopefully Kent can hit some form and if we get Aribo back up to speed, think they both could improve  supply to actual forwards. 

12 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

No Jones available for Europe limits the options for replacing him on Thursday. Personally I would have rested him today and had Jones in on that pitch which he knows very well.

True. Not great really tbh.

Hagi, Morelos and Aribo to start for me in that case. Arfield, Jack and Davis in midfield.  We need to drop Kent out for a game or two, it definitely looks as if he's not gonna play his way into form.

HG5 likes this

Morelos looks like he couldn’t give a fuck in the league but burst a gut on Thursday night after Roofe got very little service. When Roofe came on against Liege, he did more in 10mins than Morelos did in the previous 80 so over 3m of the season so far, Morelos isn’t good enough on a regular basis. 

Kent has delivered the square root of f all of late. Feel sorry for Itten who was the best of the three today but shoved out wide right all day. 

Getting more from the front three will have us much more comfortable in games like today but winning ugly wins leagues.  However, the front three will win trophies like the 3 of Nayshame, Jelavic and Lafferty did. Oh to have a functioning 3 like them right now. 

jamess and GA1972 like this