Tavernier

RockwellGers

Couldn't see a thread to bump. I'm noticing in every game now Tav is putting in a strong commanding performance. Winning balls, beating players, passing, crossing, defending, he's so consistent right now and his confidence is clearly very high.

Oh and the penalties. Today's was as strong as ever, hit hard and accurately into the corner. In the back of my mind I was thinking, will he miss one eventually and will it be this one....but nah, he delivered again.

For me he is a strong driving force for this team and looking like a captain.

_115170330_19998765.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, British_Empire said:

I’ve said it before in other threads including one of my own, he seems a leader now. He’s a more complete player that’s added aspects to his game

The difference in him from his time last year is there for all to see. I was all for taking the armband off him after the berne away game last year but credit to him, he has come through all that and now looks like a captain.

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

Seems liberated in empty stadiums, as if he couldn’t quite handle the weight of expectancy from 45k in the stands.

Either that it he’s finally got used to playing without Candeias.

My one wish before I go is that I don't hear this pish about Candeias for the rest of my life...

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I’ve said it before in other threads including one of my own, he seems a leader now. He’s a more complete player that’s added aspects to his game

He’s always been. It’s only recently he’s had a solid back four in which he can feel more confident 

Class player and vitally important to the way we play.A real captains role in recent games. Long may it continue. Man of the match today...... took his penalty with style and panache.Quality player imo.Best defender in Scottish football atm.

I've always been a huge fan of Tav, but he's playing at a level that i didn't think he was capable of tbh.

The change in formation plays to his strengths and covers his weaknesses (which were never as bad as made out imo) with Davis/Kamara/Jack filling the gaps when him and Barisic get forward.

Archived