Jones & Edmundson suspended

Billythebear77

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Edmundson is 21 yrs old. Although he is guilty of gross misconduct, he is still a young man and is simply guilty of making an immature mistake. (we all did it). Sacking him or putting him on the transfer market would be harsh imo.

Jones is a bit of a tougher situation. He is older and should know a bit better. There have been rumours of him having a bad attitude. This might be the straw that breaks the camels back for him.

The penalties to both have to be the same but the long-term outcome to their futures at the club may be different.

Neither can ever play for this club again.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Edmundson is 21 yrs old. Although he is guilty of gross misconduct, he is still a young man and is simply guilty of making an immature mistake. (we all did it). Sacking him or putting him on the transfer market would be harsh imo.

Jones is a bit of a tougher situation. He is older and should know a bit better. There have been rumours of him having a bad attitude. This might be the straw that breaks the camels back for him.

The penalties to both have to be the same but the long-term outcome to their futures at the club may be different.

He’s 23.

4 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

There's no precedent of someone being sacked for gross misconduct for breaching health and safety rules ? 

Of course there is but H&S rules are documented in the workplace. If Rangers have documented Covid risks and amended contracts, I'll eat me undies.......chances are, the longer this shit goes on, clubs' may well start down that route. Until they do, a sacking will be easy meat for tribunal.

What makes Edmundson so special? he's let himself, the club and the fans down the same way Jones has.

When it comes to ability there's more of a case for Jones than Edmundson, Edmundson's shite, but you can't treat both differently. Both time's are up. 

Tarriers are out in force already on Twitter tagging in Clyde One with the worst photoshop I've ever seen with Morelos at this party with Jones - complete with a blatant, random hand appearing from nowhere too in between them with no body, arm etc attached to it :lol:  rare breed

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

What makes Edmundson so special? he's let himself, the club and the fans down the same way Jones has.

When it comes to ability there's more of a case for Jones than Edmundson, Edmundson's shite, but you can't treat both differently. Both time's are up. 

Absolutely spot on.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

Not sure if I'd say Edmundson is shite but he's too far down the pecking order to care about either way.

The rest of your post is bang on though.

4 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Tarriers are out in force already on Twitter tagging in Clyde One with the worst photoshop I've ever seen with Morelos at this party with Jones - complete with a blatant, random hand appearing from nowhere too in between them with no body, arm etc attached to it :lol:  rare breed

It's not a photoshop, it's a real picture I think, but it wasn't taken last night or even last week, think it was last year

Just now, psb07158 said:

It's not a photoshop, it's a real picture I think, but it wasn't taken last night or even last week, think it was last year

I can't explain the random hand though in between them, unless Jordan Jones is literally sitting on someone and his arm is stretched up :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

Of course there is but H&S rules are documented in the workplace. If Rangers have documented Covid risks and amended contracts, I'll eat me undies.......chances are, the longer this shit goes on, clubs' may well start down that route. Until they do, a sacking will be easy meat for tribunal.

Their contracts won't and dont need to be changed for a serious breach to take place , their deliberate actions have caused a serious and imminent risk to themselves 

Personally liked Edmundson as a player & thought Jones was a waste of time

Professionally both need to be out the club as soon as possible, preferably to a club on loan until we can sell them for whatever we can get. 

This wasnt a mistake or anything, they both knew the rules & blatantly decided to break them even after the shit with other clubs

55 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

That might give you a problem if one of our star players does it further down the line 

Why? No players bigger than the club, even if it was buff I'd say the same, we've waited long enough for a chance to win the league and no cunts gonna fuck it up imo.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

They’ll absolutely do their nut with that statement from the government😂. All to stop the tainted ten, even the SNP are in on it now. 

You have no idea how high this goes

Was about to make the same point. Had a quick look on our thread on Kerrydale and they're actually trying to say they can't wait for Leith and Nippy to get their cards out for us like they did them, us to have games postponed and worse :lol: 

They forget their player actually played in a game for them, when he was meant to be self-isolating for 2-weeks.

Our two were at a party last night, Rangers were informed, suspended and all before they came into training and made contact with anyone at the club - and are both also now self-isolating for 14-days.

I'm unsure if they're braindead, mentally ill, stupid or just outright desperate with these claims.

Another 2 overpaid entitled fucking buffoons who think they’re exempt from the rules the rest of us have to live by. It must be difficult when you’re asked to stay home in your fucking Mansion with your wife and family. Poor poor boys. I would sack the fucking both of them for gross misconduct and take it the whole way. I know we won’t but they deserve everything that’s coming. To be taking chances in this season of all seasons is a fucking disgrace and a kick in the balls for their teammates. Fucking raging about this. 

Don't see this as anything to do with ability.

They both knew the rules, and while we've all broken rules in the past , and probably in the future, we are talking about potentially putting their pals and team mates lives in danger - Totally different thing.

We have all been calling for the players to understand the importance of playing for our great club at any time but especially THIS season.

We are looking for commitment from them as we have committed over the years.

I don't see commitment.

I don't see an understanding.

I just see selfishness, arrogance, and an "I don't give a flying fuck" about the club or it's supporters attitude.

It has to be their last game for Rangers and they need to be gone in January for me.

I don't know if we can legally sack them or not but we should be trying to get some cash for them rather than just give them away.

Archived