1st goalscorer after your birth

wully

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

1955-56 season started with 0-0 draws against first Stirling Albion then the scum

but 8th October there was a 4-4 draw with Airdrie.  Can't find scorers though.

Murray, Hubbard 2 and Baird in that order.

On another note, saw a player called "Stanners' in our line up. Never heard of him before, anybody ?

3 hours ago, KingKai said:

Murray, Hubbard 2 and Baird in that order.

On another note, saw a player called "Stanners' in our line up. Never heard of him before, anybody ?

Where did you find that?  

Or have you a good memory??   All I was able to find out was Ralph Brand was top scorer that season

9 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Wow! That was effortless from them mate. I hope I’m not assuming your age here mate but, it must have been some buzz watching cooper in the flesh. 

Still remember that game and thinking we were on to something in the years to come. We just seemed to have a bit of swagger, fearless even.  Davie deserved that league medal.  Even got a wee cameo at the end of the yearly video saying  "The end?  It's only the beginning"

Very very rarely he'd have an absolute stinker.  Even if it was only a few flashes he was pure entertainment.

Great mix of young talent and some top quality full internationals in that first season under Souness and Cooper revelled in it.

Big help with England being banned from club euro football but we took full advantage. 

Struggling to work it out as it looks like between end of one season and start of next. Looks like it ended up being Davie Provan pen in a 2-0 win against the sheep in Sept 1969 (I’m May 1969). I’m quite happy with him as played golf with him a few times at Caldwell, lovely big guy.

Had to bury my head in a towel one day as he just let out a volley of swearing after fluffing a chip, couldn’t let him see me laughing. Never heard so many swear words used in a row, without duplication, off the cuff. 

Archived