Wee bit of perspective needed here.

Malkytfp1

Yes it was two points lost, but before the game that woulda been seen as 1 point gained away to a good benfica side.

Individual errors from Helander and a couple players with poor game management. That's all. Let's not crucify these players who have been good all season.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Yes it was two points lost, but before the game that woulda been seen as 1 point gained away to a good benfica side.

Individual errors from Helander and a couple players with poor game management. That's all. Let's not crucify these players who have been good all season.

agree mate a good point that has been lost on here :thumbup:

I said before this double header that anything we take from that team would be a bonus.  I’m amazed we outplayed them to the extend we did.  This Rangers team is punching WAY above its weight.  That Benfica team spent 100m on players in the summer so yeah, a bit of perspective.  We went to their ground and outplayed them.  We’re on course for the knockout rounds so there is no reason to feel disappointed at all.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Feels like a defeat because we should have buried them. Can’t say I’m not disappointed, but if you’d been offered a point you’d have gladly taken it beforehand. 

This..... all day long.:tu:

Now it's time to get back to thinking about beating Accies on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Just because a draw before the game would’ve been a good result, doesn’t make a draw now a good result. With the game for context we should’ve won. Simple as that. 

Wrong.  A draw was a good result but it should have been a win which would have been a great result.

I'm raging we got a draw.

In Portugal.

Against Benfica.

And that makes me happy. We have improved so fucking much these past couple of years. Light years ahead of where we once were. We really are a very good team. Cut out the individual errors and better game management when ahead. That's all that's needed really. 

9 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

The feel good factor hasn’t been dented any from that game, in fact the confidence from almost beating a team of that caliber should enhance it. 

I think the main thing is that it is a slap in the face that may jolt us into being sharp and not getting complacent.  I would much rather that comes in the Europa when we are joint top with 2 away games out the way than I would in the league at the weekend.

8 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Tbh only thing is if we had held on we had a free hit to go at them at ibrox. 

Both of our games against them should’ve been considered a free hit.  Given the gulf in budgets we should have no right to go to Portugal and beat them.  It’s amazing what Gerrard has achieved on a budget.  We looked like a team that cost 100m+ to assemble, not them.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Both of our games against them should’ve been considered a free hit.  Given the gulf in budgets we should have no right to go to Portugal and beat them.  It’s amazing what Gerrard has achieved on a budget.  We looked like a team that cost 100m+ to assemble, not them.

Not when ur 3-1 up against ten men with 12 minutes to go, I would expect us as a decent professional team to be able to see that game out.

They would have been really relieved to get a draw as we were disappointed not to get the win( which we would have thoroughly deserved)

Before the game started that would have been unthinkable.

I too was gutted but that just goes to prove how far we come under Gerrard.

Archived