Gaming TV's

The Godfather

50 minutes ago, CR3 said:

is there any sort of variable refresh rate options on the new consoles that mean you can get your full 4k 100 frames per second as you’re 100Hz @The Godfather or will you be capped at 60? Either way every game will still look and play class tbh. 

Don't know mate, stopped looking into it when I couldn't get a next gen console 😂

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Don't know mate, stopped looking into it when I couldn't get a next gen console 😂

What’s your preference? I’ll try and give you a shout if I hear anything.

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, CR3 said:

if you’re spending a grand, you should pretty much be getting a LG CX (imo) These are 60hz, CX is 120 and has HDMI 2.1 ports for futureproofing. Also an OLED whereas they’re LED/QLED? 
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/lg-oled55cx5lb-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-oled-tv-with-google-assistant-amazon-alexa-10206289-pdt.html 

I want the 65” though. Struggle to get something at that size and spec for a grand I think.

1 minute ago, JimmyCR1 said:

I want the 65” though. Struggle to get something at that size and spec for a grand I think.

Ah yeah I get you. I think they’ve went down from when they first came out and might go down again in a few months since a GX came out apparently,  depends on how soon you’re buying. Anyway CX is just my recommendation. Is it for Gaming and any of the new consoles because then, the 120Hz would actually be kinda important.

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Ah yeah I get you. I think they’ve went down from when they first came out and might go down again in a few months since a GX came out apparently,  depends on how soon you’re buying. Anyway CX is just my recommendation. Is it for Gaming and any of the new consoles because then, the 120Hz would actually be kinda important.

Casual gaming more than anything else, don’t play every night or that. Tv I have now is a 42” Sony Bravia so anything 4k is a step up basically.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye mate they emailed me on the 15th to tell me it was on its way. The email should come from noreply@very.co.uk. Gets delivered by Royal Mail. 

I checked my account says it will be delivered by 30th, I’ll keep an eye out for the email.

36 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

I checked my account says it will be delivered by 30th, I’ll keep an eye out for the email.

Aye mine said the 30th as well. Actually just checked and it still says the 30th but it arrived today.Screenshot_20210917-201623_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1c919381a0c857aa217f79f234ab1626.jpg

Royal Mail will send you a text message as well.Screenshot_20210917-201957_Messages.thumb.jpg.3e624af5e8ca8a090a67b33c83899ca6.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Looking for advice from more tech savy people than myself.

I have a 50 inch 4K HDR TV that I got in 2017, which has 4 HDMI slots with two being 2.0.

So that means its capped at 60Hz, if it was 2.1 it would be up to 120Hz I believe? 

At this moment in time would you advise upgrading to a TV with HDMI 2.1 for the PS5? Will I see a significant change?

Also is HDR10+ something to really look to get over normal HDR10?

This will be abit of an essay.If it's within your budget it's definitely a nice option to have. However it's not something you will notice in the vast majority of games since most are and will remain hard capped at 30 or 60 fps - a 120 hz screen has no added benefit beyond a 60hz here. It's also worth noting some of the games that have 120 fps modes don't run in native 4k.. So they can be played at 120 fps on regular 120hz Hdmi 2.0 displays. As the generation progresses and demands for improved visual fidelity increase, the first thing to be dropped will be high frames rates and native 4k resolutions... So truthfully I find it hard to recommend on this front. 

Arguably the main benefit of hdmi 2.1 is variable refresh rates: where games can run at inconsistent frame rates without introducing screen tearing etc.. There's currently no benefit to this on the ps5 right now as its not supported yet.. (Last I heard was December.) This is likely to be more beneficial years down the line as it may be the feature that allows some games to be played beyond a 30 fps cap. 

Right now these are the only PS5 games with 120hz support.. And again many of these don't run at native 4k, thus don't require 2.1 on 120hz display. (note the series x does support VRR and has a bigger selection of 120hz games) 

Borderlands 3 (Supports 120 FPS at 1080p)

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Supports 120 FPS at lower resolution)

Call of Duty: Vanguard (Has 120 FPS support at lower resolution)

Call of Duty: Warzone (Supports 120 FPS at lower dynamic resolution)

Centipede Recharged (Supports 120 FPS at native 4K)

Destiny 2 (Supports 120FPS at lower resolution in Crucible matches)

Devil May Cry V: Special Edition (Supports 120FPS at 1080p)

Dirt 5 (Supports 120 FPS at lower resolution)

DOOM Eternal (Supports 120 FPS at 1584p resolution)

Fortnite (Supports 120 FPS at lower resolution)

Ghostrunner (Supports 120 FPS at lower resolution – resolution not currently known)

Monster Boy And The Cursed Kingdom (Supports 120 FPS at native 4K)

Nioh Collection (Both Nioh 1, Nioh 2 and DLC for both games supports 120 FPS at a lower resolution)

Olli Olli World (Runs at 120 FPS at lower resolution)

Quake (Runs at 120 FPS at 4K resolution)

Rainbow Six Siege (Supports 120 FPS at lower resolution)

Rocket League (Supports 120 FPS at lower dynamic resolution)

Rogue Company (Supports 120 FPS at dynamic 4K resolution)

The Touryst (Supports 120 FPS at native 4K)

Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 (Supports 120 FPS at 1080p)

WRC 9 (Supports 120 FPS in ‘Performance Mode’)