Scott Arfield

Had his off field problems last season and it showed in his performances, people wanted him released, saying he's finished etc 

Complete turnaround this season, getting games in his favoured position, playing with confidence, swagger and has fantastic energy as well, maybe goes slightly unnoticed compared to others but for me he is our best number ten by a mile, 

Keep playing him centrally, he'll contribute a fucking barrowload towards title 55

Sometimes asked to do a job he probably isnt comfortable with (playing wider ten in Europe) but never shys away, never hides

Today he was tremendous imo, his movement in between hamiltons backline and midfield caused them havoc for the time he was on the pitch, and his goal is exactly the type of midfield running we missed for ages last season 

good player, i like him alot which is why i was annoyed with him giving the foul for their 2nd goal the other night then not holding onto the ball before their 3rd

he will score goals with his style of running beyond, has a good engine and doesnt shirk a tackle especially against the scum.

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Had his off field problems last season and it showed in his performances, people wanted him released, saying he's finished etc 

Complete turnaround this season, getting games in his favoured position, playing with confidence, swagger and has fantastic energy as well, maybe goes slightly unnoticed compared to others but for me he is our best number ten by a mile, 

Keep playing him centrally, he'll contribute a fucking barrowload towards title 55

Sometimes asked to do a job he probably isnt comfortable with (playing wider ten in Europe) but never shys away, never hides

Today he was tremendous imo, his movement in between hamiltons backline and midfield caused them havoc for the time he was on the pitch, and his goal is exactly the type of midfield running we missed for ages last season 

Superb player- chucking international football has helped 

20 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I didn't buy into the negative hype around Arfield & Davis....both still have big parts to play this season 

Davis will do us good in certain games, but the likes of today he hasnt got the pace and momentum imo to drive us on like the rest will

Reminds me a bit of the early Souness years when some of the players who were with us before benefitted a lot from having far better players coming in alongside them. Clearly players like Cooper were not bad players but suddenly having top players all around them brought out the best in them. I think we are seeing that not only with Arfield, but also the performances of Tav, Davis and Goldson. They are benefitting from a far better squad. The movement and energy of the team off the ball makes a huge difference to how we play this year. Everyone is lifted to another level by having quality around them.

3 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Reminds me a bit of the early Souness years when some of the players who were with us before benefitted a lot from having far better players coming in alongside them. Clearly players like Cooper were not bad players but suddenly having top players all around them brought out the best in them. I think we are seeing that not only with Arfield, but also the performances of Tav and Goldson. They are benefitting from a far better squad. The movement and energy of the team off the ball makes a huge difference to how we play this year. Everyone is lifted to another level by having quality around them.

The starting eleven is pretty much the same.  Balogun and Roofe have come in and contributed when played but Gerrard has used the same group of guys as last year.  Airfield looked fatigued last year and maybe less international duty this season has been the difference.  

49 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Looks like the player we thought we’d signed. 

Has he chucked Canada? Think that shows as well

Not yet, but i think i heard that he’s considering it.  They havent played since January and i think that shows in his performances for us. I dont think he can do both and give his all to us imo. Would be a good decision in this stage of his career, to fully focus on the club paying his wages. He is great form and will help us to 55 without any distractions. 

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Been excellent this season but should of kept the ball against benfica 🤪

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Been fantastic but needs to drop the internationals now. 

What's the score on that....I genuinely thought he was retired anyway....this is the 3rd international break this campaign.....surely Canada aren't the only team that aren't playing?

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

What's the score on that....I genuinely thought he was retired anyway....this is the 3rd international break this campaign.....surely Canada aren't the only team that aren't playing?

Canada haven't played a game since January. There was meant to be a set of games for this break but they were scrapped. He should just make sure for future purposes and come out and say hes retired.

Archived