***** Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread *****

KaiserJon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Say this quite a lot, but this is the biggest game of the season so far.

Chance to really put the pressure on and properly watch them implode. OF was big, as was Killie, this follows it on. 
Starting to put to bed the big issues we’ve had over the last few seasons.

38 minutes ago, Marco said:

They're crumbling under the pressure. Tomorrow we show that our days of succumbing to pressure are behind us, we extend our lead at the top and we stuff the sheep. Superb!

I dont think they're crumbling mate. I think they're showing that they'll not all put it all on the line for Lennon.

That's why hopefully the draw keeps him in the job. He's a cancer in their dressing room.

Defining weekend, always been about what we do never more so than tomorrow where a result will shovel more doubt in the minds of the unwashed, we can rely on nobody but ourselves as today’s result proves, when  clancy spewed his disgraceful rant about referee’s knowing exactly what’s at stake this season and putting pressure on his colleagues and others. Just put these spineless bastards to the sword Rangers and make our day.

5 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Calm down mate, there's a million miles to go, one game at a time and all that for me, three points tomorrow is another step in the right direction, just need to make sure we take it. 

Agreed it's far too early to assume anything,  if we win all our games up to and including septic,  we will be in a healthy position,  but we need that cushion as we have difficult fixtures coming up after septic.  If we drop any points before 2nd January? Watch this place go into meltdown. We are in a good position but a long way to go.

I'm absolutely buzzing/nervous for this game tomorrow now. 

Absolutely huge game, psychologically. The sheep have taken lots of points off us over the last few seasons, a win (by any means) tomorrow sends a huge message out and puts additional pressure on Celtic. A confident win and a clean sheet against the 3rd best team in the league will force them to realise we aren't going to slip up often and that can lead to them crumbling under the pressure. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I dont think they're crumbling mate. I think they're showing that they'll not all put it all on the line for Lennon.

That's why hopefully the draw keeps him in the job. He's a cancer in their dressing room.

There's going to be multiple elements to it and Lennon is never far from exploding in his own dressing room. They may not be fully behind him, but it's mutually beneficial for them all to win and try to keep pace with us. The fact they're tripping up against smaller sides, when we've managed to keep them several points behind, is indicative of pressure imo. SG and his staff have obviously had Lennon figured out for a while, but seems a few other managers have done the same. Certainly the longer he clings onto his job the better it is for.

Archived