***** Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread *****

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defining weekend, always been about what we do never more so than tomorrow where a result will shovel more doubt in the minds of the unwashed, we can rely on nobody but ourselves as today’s result proves, when  clancy spewed his disgraceful rant about referee’s knowing exactly what’s at stake this season and putting pressure on his colleagues and others. Just put these spineless bastards to the sword Rangers and make our day.

5 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Calm down mate, there's a million miles to go, one game at a time and all that for me, three points tomorrow is another step in the right direction, just need to make sure we take it. 

Agreed it's far too early to assume anything,  if we win all our games up to and including septic,  we will be in a healthy position,  but we need that cushion as we have difficult fixtures coming up after septic.  If we drop any points before 2nd January? Watch this place go into meltdown. We are in a good position but a long way to go.

50 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Even more massiver game now than it was before.

Dunno if massiver is even a word. I'm just going to assume it is for the purpose of ma post.

Gigantic, enormous, large, huge, metric ton

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I dont think they're crumbling mate. I think they're showing that they'll not all put it all on the line for Lennon.

That's why hopefully the draw keeps him in the job. He's a cancer in their dressing room.

There's going to be multiple elements to it and Lennon is never far from exploding in his own dressing room. They may not be fully behind him, but it's mutually beneficial for them all to win and try to keep pace with us. The fact they're tripping up against smaller sides, when we've managed to keep them several points behind, is indicative of pressure imo. SG and his staff have obviously had Lennon figured out for a while, but seems a few other managers have done the same. Certainly the longer he clings onto his job the better it is for.

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Diddy mob. 

They have a long time ago won the league, the Cup Winners cup and Super Cup, but that one assault is the incident they cherish most, what sad,sad, feeble minded creatures they really are.

A bed sheet stain on humanity.

They will camp in for the 0-0, maybe try sneak a set piece goal. Early goal is massive as they won’t know how to react to going 1-0 down. What we can’t do is let them go ahead as they will cling onto it for dear life. There missing a good few players. 

Team selection the more I think about it the less a clue I have. Only certainty there is the back 4 and Kent starting. 

Mcgregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Arfield Jack/Kamara

Roofe Aribo Kent 

Morelos/Defoe

billscott likes this
4 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

They will camp in for the 0-0, maybe try sneak a set piece goal. Early goal is massive as they won’t know how to react to going 1-0 down. What we can’t do is let them go ahead as they will cling onto it for dear life. There missing a good few players. 

Team selection the more I think about it the less a clue I have. Only certainty there is the back 4 and Kent starting. 

Mcgregor 

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic 

Arfield Jack/Kamara

Roofe Aribo Kent 

Morelos/Defoe

you have hit the nail on the head we must score first most of their missing players are in midfield or up front so they will still be strong at the back with a decent goalie  the fact that mcrorie/ferguson are out is big they have been getting all the praise  we must start at a good tempo none of this slow passing about go at them from first whistle

rbt1548 and ChampionsAgain like this

Patience with this one.  They might not venture out of their penalty area except for kick off . 

Our players must be buzzing after the scum result and determined to capitalise, so expect us to really get into the sheep from the start.

Might take a while but we should have enough to get the win, hopefully comfortable but 1-0 puts us 11 points clear.

I think the season will be defined in December with 6 games.   

I don't expect anyone outside Rangers in this league to beat the tims, but draws like today will do nicely. 

It's in your hands Rangers, don't let us down, Aberdeen are an inferior team, go out and prove it.

I won't be comfortable unless we are ten points ahead and that is after they have played their two games in hand.

20 minutes ago, billscott said:

you have hit the nail on the head we must score first most of their missing players are in midfield or up front so they will still be strong at the back with a decent goalie  the fact that mcrorie/ferguson are out is big they have been getting all the praise  we must start at a good tempo none of this slow passing about go at them from first whistle

If we play at the tempo we did V Benfica the sheep will be blowing out their arses after 15minutes.

Just now, They Gnu said:

If we play at the tempo we did V Benfica the sheep will be blowing out their arses after 15minutes.

Done a few crazy things but never blown up a sheep’s arse.

Scum have dropped points in 31% of games

We have dropped points in 14% of games.

The longer we keep winning the more the pressure mounts. 

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

3 nil at HT please.

Rest some players and legs for Benfica. 👍

Agree with the 3 nil but not the rest players; league games are more important and would much rather we only rest or do subs when the game is over and by with.

dont want to show any complacency and allow them any chance