***** Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread *****

KaiserJon

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Are these games not World Cup qualifiers?

Don’t think so.

I must admit I don’t have a bloody clue what’s going on with the Nations League either but the 2022 World Cup qualifying groups aren’t drawn until December.

7 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Its nations league again, don’t even know what happens if we top the group this time? 😂 

I think we move up to the next ‘level’ for the following Nations League campaign.

The idea being you put your wits against a similar level of team, hence why we’ve been playing dross the past few years.

The carrot on the stick is a back door route to the Euros, which we don’t need any more. 
That said, I don’t have a fucking clue how we ended up in the play off v Serbia. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

I think we move up to the next ‘level’ for the following Nations League campaign.

The idea being you put your wits against a similar level of team, hence why we’ve been playing dross the past few years.

The carrot on the stick is a back door route to the Euros, which we don’t need any more. 
That said, I don’t have a fucking clue how we ended up in the play off v Serbia. 

Generally mate I don’t watch the internationals, just find them boring, even more so with no fans now. But hard to avoid everything that’s gone on the past few days.

im happy we’ve finally qualified but I’m not overly fussed, plus the fact we might not even leave the uk...

9 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Generally mate I don’t watch the internationals, just find them boring, even more so with no fans now. But hard to avoid everything that’s gone on the past few days.

im happy we’ve finally qualified but I’m not overly fussed, plus the fact we might not even leave the uk...

Likewise.

Just seen a BBC article. There is a World Cup incentive to the Nations League too. The top two NL ranked teams who fail to qualify via their World Cup qualifying group go into a play off for a place in the World Cup.

So Scotland would have to top this current NL group to get promoted then perform well in next years top tier NL but fail to qualify via the traditional route.

What a fucking palaver!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54845879

14 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Its nations league again, don’t even know what happens if we top the group this time? 😂 

If Scotland top group they go up to the A groups but will also have a semi final and final against the other B group winners for World VIP qualification if fail to get through normal qualification. Exactly same as it was for the Euros. 

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Completely wrong mate.

Only the two highest ranked Nations league teams that do not qualify for WC 2020 or the WC playoffs get a second chance in the WC playoffs.

How do they ascertain the 2 highest ranked teams. 

On 14/11/2020 at 23:38, beararse said:

Likewise.

Just seen a BBC article. There is a World Cup incentive to the Nations League too. The top two NL ranked teams who fail to qualify via their World Cup qualifying group go into a play off for a place in the World Cup.

So Scotland would have to top this current NL group to get promoted then perform well in next years top tier NL but fail to qualify via the traditional route.

What a fucking palaver!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54845879

I actually like it.  It’s like a surprise you didn’t really deserve.  

1 hour ago, Vision said:

@SeparateEntityMyArsetime to dust off this thread Officialdom Conspiracy 2020/21?

Clancy the cheat returns.

FK to Aberdeen in the opening 10 then play on/advantage when its us hell maybe even a booking for simulation.

10 fouls for a aberdeen player before they get a card, red card for ryan jack for looking at a player weird and no penalty.

Take yir pick :pipe:

10 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

FK to Aberdeen in the opening 10 then play on/advantage when its us hell maybe even a booking for simulation.

10 fouls for a aberdeen player before they get a card, red card for ryan jack for looking at a player weird and no penalty.

Take yir pick :pipe:

He's only the 4th official, but even so I don't want that cheating bastard anywhere near our games to upset our momentum.

9 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nations league A are teams ranked 1-16 based on this years version. Group B 17-32 and so on...

Two highest ranked sides not qualified or in the play offs get the two playoff spots. So say top 20 below qualify, Finland 21st and Norway 22nd get the spots.

Screenshot_20201115-234850_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, No1. I foolishly read a headline that Scotland could again use the tournament as a back door into the WC, and mistakenly assumed it was the same process as the Euros. I know you should never assume. Ah well. 

Archived