***** Official Rangers vs Aberdeen match thread *****

KaiserJon

Just now, Essandoh said:

Not buying that about Hedges

Hes rapid and he’s ran at the defence but he’s created nothing. He’ll disappear into the void after this season and go on to do what most Aberdeen players do - fuck all

Agree, he's troubling us with his pace but hasn't done much with it to make me think he's particularly great. Boyle is better, wouldn't sign him either though 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SIRB_72 said:

Genuinely don't see the Morelos criticism. Him coming deep is causing problems for Aberdeen's 3rd cb. They don't know whether to come or go with him which is leaving plent of space centrally. If he's not coming deep him and Roofe are going wider which creates more space, it's been an important part of our play today. On the ball he has been poor though no doubt.

2-0 up, some of our movement has been great. I'd like us to get a third and bring on Kamara and shut the back door.

That’s exactly what I’ve been saying to folk who’ve been saying he’s been shite this season. The system we play now isn’t reliant on Alfie as the focal point of our attack anymore and that’s causing all sorts of havoc with opposition defenders, because, like you said they don’t know wether to follow him or not, and IMO they are fucked either way because he’ll come deep drag them out of position and the “wingers” cut inside the space or we get him the box and he does what he does best. I really do feel we have the systems to combat any team in our league this year 

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Genuinely don't see the Morelos criticism. Him coming deep is causing problems for Aberdeen's 3rd cb. They don't know whether to come or go with him which is leaving plent of space centrally. If he's not coming deep him and Roofe are going wider which creates more space, it's been an important part of our play today. On the ball he has been poor though no doubt.

2-0 up, some of our movement has been great. I'd like us to get a third and bring on Kamara and shut the back door.

His movement is causing problems and I hate being negative after such a dominant first half BUT surely a pro footballer can have the ability to come deep AND take a decent first touch. He needs subbed. (Cue Morelos second half hat-trick)

5 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Aberdeens best two chances have come from Morelos slackness, he needs a rocket at half time. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

How we played? Missed the game. Wee gran passed away this morning so missed the first half. She couldn't hold off til the here game. Typical Catholic.

Sorry to hear about your gran mate.

We're playing really well, good football and 2 good goals. Aberdeen getting in behind once or twice but I'd say we're pretty comfortable 

1 minute ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

His movement is causing problems and I hate being negative after such a dominant first half BUT surely a pro footballer can have the ability to come deep AND take a decent first touch. He needs subbed. (Cue Morelos second half hat-trick)

His first touch is an adventure every time which is concerning when he’s dropping so deep 

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Gave the ball away in really poor fashion at least twice that’s ended up with a shot for McGregor to save. 

Jack went through him for it.

Just now, Albertzz said:

Roofe looks very settled now i can see him being a top player for us in the near future.

He just needed to get match fit to be fair, honestly couldn't understand the amount of people writing him off after seeing him in a game or two.

Just now, Swally said:

He just needed to get match fit to be fair, honestly couldn't understand the amount of people writing him off after seeing him in a game or two.

Didn’t write him off then myself but to be fair to the people who did he did look like he’d never seen a football before in those first couple of games 

Archived