Strengthen in January

born a blue nose

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Do you think we will, and what positions are  there to be strengthened? 

we are flying the now and even the thought of us strengthening in January gives me a stauner 

Depends if morelos goes. However, given where we are (and depending on where we are towards the latter end of the window in january) id be inclined to think he would want to finish the season with us and win his first major trophy. It will only help his reputation in the EPL market and hopefully will boost his fee when he does go.

Strikers aside, if we let go of fringe players like Edmondson, jones etc. I could see us going in for another winger and maybe a loan, but honestly even if we didn't sign anyone I'd be happy and confident. Thats how far we have come, not looking to the next window to shift shite and try to improve to at least compete with them.

5 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah id gonfor maybe a dedicated RW and nothing wrong with getting an extra player or two just to be absolutely safe.

Probably the only position that hasn’t been nailed down, am hoping Roofe could make make that his own, a few times you seen how narrow our front 3 it on Sunday so I’m quite confident he’s got enough quality to play an IF role 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Don’t think so, unless we sell someone for upwards of a £3-4million fee. 

We shouldn’t need to buy anyone barring a RW, but I feel Roofe is the best option there

Do you have any basis in your argument that we need to sell before we strengthen mate? 

Possibly cover for Tav.

Get a feeling that Patterson might be a little raw at the moment and not quite ready to step in for Tav if he gets injured.

We see Bassey getting plenty of minutes, but hardly anything of Patterson, think that can only be about ability at the current moment.

If Morelos goes for big money, a right sided midfielder or one more striker would not go down too badly.

Unless anyone is sold, which I cant see unless we get a stupid offer, doubt it, more likely be looking at pre contracts for the summer, unless a player becomes available who upgrades what we have, but there's not much value to be had in the January window, expect the taigs will panic buy, poorly.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Possibly cover for Tav.

Get a feeling that Patterson might be a little raw at the moment and not quite ready to step in for Tav if he gets injured.

We see Bassey getting plenty of minutes, but hardly anything of Patterson, think that can only be about ability at the current moment.

If Morelos goes for big money, a right sided midfielder or one more striker would not go down too badly.

We’re no selling Morelos this season mate 

1 minute ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

Unless anyone is sold, which I cant see unless we get a stupid offer, doubt it, more likely be looking at pre contracts for the summer, unless a player becomes available who upgrades what we have, but there's not much value to be had in the January window, expect the taigs will panic buy, poorly.

They’re not spending money on top of a 10 million loss, 5 million on barkinarse, 7 million on Jillian, 2 mil on turnbull etc a don’t think they will trust lemon wae money 

6 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Do you have any basis in your argument that we need to sell before we strengthen mate? 

We spent over £11million this summer including Hagi. 

In an ordinary season that’s a lot, in the midst of a pandemic that’s a fortune for us. Necessary yes, but I’m hardly expecting the board to spend more when we’ve not sold any players...

Just now, plymouthranger said:

In an ordinary season that’s a lot, in the midst of a pandemic that’s a fortune for us. Necessary yes, but I’m hardly expecting the board to spend more when we’ve not sold any players...

We’ve made a few bob wae our strip deal, europa run, making the groups again, Far East investment, and a lot of smaller deals that are documented.

a think were in a good place financially mate, or we would have took the 16 million rumoured for Morelos. 

I think we’ll sign a number of players on pre-contracts.  Lundstrum, Johnson, and Campbell are three I think we would be interested in. 

I think we might go after someone for that RW position.  If we signed Daniel Johnson on a pre-contract maybe we could get him in early.

The lad Karlsson at Sparta Prague looked very good against celtic and he’s the type of player that could do a job for us as a wide attacker.

I think Jones, Stewart, and Edmundson will be loaned out or sold completely.  

Just now, born a blue nose said:

They’re not spending money on top of a 10 million loss, 5 million on barkinarse, 7 million on Jillian, 2 mil on turnbull etc a don’t think they will trust lemon wae money 

They'll panic buy to appease the manky hoardes mate, lemon had spunked some amount already before he spunked more during the summer, it wont stop them. they've cash in the bank they'll be itching to spend before compensation claims ring fences it.

6 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Doubt that, deals will be structured over a few seasons.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

I think we’ll sign a number of players on pre-contracts.  Lundstrum, Johnson, and Campbell are three I think we would be interested in. 

I think we might go after someone for that RW position.  If we signed Daniel Johnson on a pre-contract maybe we could get him in early.

The lad Karlsson at Sparta Prague looked very good against celtic and he’s the type of player that could do a job for us as a wife attacker.

I think Jones, Stewart, and Edmundson will be loaned out or sold completely.  

“A wife attacker” I know what you meant but that’s still a belter of a typo 😂😂

Archived