Xbox Series X

CR3

Tried to get one this morning and didn't see any stock appear anywhere, my mate bought one from Very and they took the money and cancelled right after, it's been a bit of a shambles.

I'm using this to keep an eye on it: https://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-xbox-series-x

Still the best deal for new or returning customers.

The deal for all the PS+ games with the PS5 is decent but only if you're a new customer because if you had a PS4 for more than a few years and had PS+ most of the time you've probably got those games and that's if you haven't bought them outright.

For instance how many people that have had a PS4 for the last few years need God Of War for free? Its not likely.

Whereas the Game Pass and EA thing are past and future content. Quite a lot of content actually.

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Anyone getting this today?

I’m waiting to see how it plays out on optimised but if anyone knows of a shop in town with some, let me know as a mate wants one!

Apparently you needed to book one online and the chances are slim-to-none.

I'd imagine MS done the same as Sony.. No brick and mortar shops were getting any stock beyond pre-orders. Any excess units where given to online stores only.

Problem with that is the same as the RTX GPU's.. They are snapped up by Bots and re-listed on eBay within minutes for inflated prices.

10 hours ago, Iakona said:

Problem with that is the same as the RTX GPU's.. They are snapped up by Bots and re-listed on eBay within minutes for inflated prices.

Heard Bitcoin miners were snapping up a lot of cards.

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

Still the best deal for new or returning customers.

The deal for all the PS+ games with the PS5 is decent but only if you're a new customer because if you had a PS4 for more than a few years and had PS+ most of the time you've probably got those games and that's if you haven't bought them outright.

For instance how many people that have had a PS4 for the last few years need God Of War for free? Its not likely.

Whereas the Game Pass and EA thing are past and future content. Quite a lot of content actually.

I wonder if the Bethesda titles will be day one on Game Pass?

12 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

I'm in the queue at GAME they just put stock up.

Just to check are you in the shop, and they put stock online or on the shelf? Wasn’t sure! Just checking for my mate, do you need to buy it online but you can pick it up in store same day?

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

Just to check are you in the shop, and they put stock online or on the shelf? Wasn’t sure! Just checking for my mate, do you need to buy it online but you can pick it up in store same day?

Online mate they put stock up, get it by December 18th.

I'm sure i read that there isn't any in store stock, only pre order collections.

1 hour ago, TheBluebells said:

I'm in the queue at GAME they just put stock up.

I’m still in the queue but looks like they were away 40 minutes ago.  What’s the point in still having you wait in the queue ffs.

E8F05687-60D3-4E8A-A4DD-C3489CE9B613.jpeg

1 minute ago, CR3 said:

if you’ve got an X, you could maybe get 150-200 for it and then it doesn’t seem so bad paying over the odds I guess?

You would think Sony and Microsoft would make hundreds of millions of these consoles ready for day one release so their easy to get on the day. 

29 minutes ago, GOAT said:

You would think Sony and Microsoft would make hundreds of millions of these consoles ready for day one release so their easy to get on the day. 

It's all part of the hype train.. limited supply creates a frenzy which is great for marketing and demand.