Xbox Series X

CR3

On 27/11/2020 at 20:04, gazza27 said:

What's the chances a getting one a these before Xmas?. Got one for the youngest when they first went on sale noo the oldest wants one for his Xmas 

You'll be fine mate as others have said just keep an eye out and maybe even set up text/email alerts for new stock on sites that have that function. Personally don't think you'll need to go that far to be guaranteed one but might be useful to you.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Really got back into Gears of War since getting the series X, loved the 1st one and 5 is probably the 1st to get me as hooked as then. 

Gears 5 arguably one of the best looking games if not best that’s been out for the console also.

4 hours ago, CR3 said:

Gears 5 arguably one of the best looking games if not best that’s been out for the console also.

I haven't really went into the campaign as usually only play MP but even that looks great compared to last gen even plays a lot smoother and better. 

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

I haven't really went into the campaign as usually only play MP but even that looks great compared to last gen even plays a lot smoother and better. 

Doom Eternal is really sharp in its gameplay aswell. 

I fancy treating myself to the big black box, however I will wait until you do not have to ambush some cunt to get a hold of one. Will also wait until Cyberpunk 2077 is patched to a condition where the game is not in fact broken. Hopefully be able to pick up the console and game as a package.

On 26/11/2020 at 11:00, BridgeIsBlue said:

Bethesda games will be timed exclusives imo, if not DOOM would be the biggest miss for PS5 definitely. 

Bethesda is the company behind the Fallout games, Dishonored, Doom as you mentioned, Wolfenstein and the Elder Scrolls games. These would be big misses for many if they go PS5. Personally, although shooters are not my main choice, prefer open world like GTA, Fallout, Red Dead etc, I would hate to miss out on any future Halo games. I have had every Xbox since they first released, so I will probably purchase once the conditions I outlined in the post above come to pass.

On 26/12/2020 at 13:35, Jakes Pal said:

I fancy treating myself to the big black box, however I will wait until you do not have to ambush some cunt to get a hold of one. Will also wait until Cyberpunk 2077 is patched to a condition where the game is not in fact broken. Hopefully be able to pick up the console and game as a package.

My mate got it for Christmas and says it plays really well on the Series X just seems to be current gen consoles that can't run it/buggy as fuck.

On 26/12/2020 at 09:06, gazza27 said:

Is it easy enough to transfer the games and that from the xbox onto the new one? 

Easy enough because everything is on your account, if you have most your games on a hard drive then its just a simple case of switching it over, you do need to reinstall everything again which is a bit of pain and I also read somewhere that an external HD will work with current gen games but moving forward they probably won't support the power of the series X games unless it is optimised for that. 

2 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Easy enough because everything is on your account, if you have most your games on a hard drive then its just a simple case of switching it over, you do need to reinstall everything again which is a bit of pain and I also read somewhere that an external HD will work with current gen games but moving forward they probably won't support the power of the series X games unless it is optimised for that. 

Got it done mate even though am. Pished 

27th January before Tesco get new limited stock delivered. If it is the same for all the other retailers then it is going to be a long month for the unlucky impatient desperate to get a a box, especially those being subjected to the dreaded pester power, my sympathies.

Don't mind the wait, want to play Cyberpunk so happy to wait until the promised updates are rolled out by CD Project Red.

5 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

Hopefully we get a beta for Halo Infinite some time around spring. 

They need to do something but I’ve pretty much lost confidence in 343 industries. The franchise has been mismanaged for years, in the wrong hands. Track record is pretty appalling with MCC still being the worst release I’ve ever witnessed. A lot of the community died when 4 came out in particular. 5 was ok but not halo really and I feel from the multiplayer screenshots my gut instinct was this looks like ‘halo reach remastered or halo 5 v2’

7 hours ago, TheBluebells said:

Going to play through Doom eternal when I get the chance, also going to try out the fallen order as its meant to be decent on the series x. 

Hopefully we get a beta for Halo Infinite some time around spring. 

DOOM Eternal is unreal. 

Hard to master at first but once it clicks...