Xbox Series X

CR3

On 05/01/2021 at 18:33, BridgeIsBlue said:

DOOM Eternal is unreal. 

Hard to master at first but once it clicks... 

Run, shoot, flame burst, blood punch, chainsaw, keep running, keep shooting, more flame bursts, endless blood punching and frantically searching for chain saw fuel, and repeat, and repeat and.........., you get the picture. Talk about intense.:bangbang:

Had to stop for a few days due to the rsi pressure on my fingers, gripping and working the gamepad to hard that my fingers cramped up. A game not for the faint hearted or easily frustrated.

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

If it's going spare I'll take it please bud. Means my partner can finally play ori and stop going on about it.

I’ll PM it now. Might sound a bit mental here but see if you play that game in the dark in 4k HDR, the colours are absolutely incredible in Ori & the will of the wisps. I’m not really into platformers either but that is a stunning game with a nice soundtrack.

Got a carbon black pad, the one that comes with the Series X. Fairly standard but has nice textured back/triggers, USB-C port, good click to the D-pad and a sharing button. Sold my elite 2 a wee while back so this is something a fair bit better than a basic, £60.

FD093DDB-82B5-4FE0-B8A6-DE9BDA171C83.jpeg

47 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I’ll PM it now. Might sound a bit mental here but see if you play that game in the dark in 4k HDR, the colours are absolutely incredible in Ori & the will of the wisps. I’m not really into platformers either but that is a stunning game with a nice soundtrack also. 

Cheers again mate and for the tip, really appriciate it! She's been wanting to play it for ages but just gets stuck in an endless cycle of playing the sims.

Worse than a crack addiction the amount of time and money she puts into that. 

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Cheers again mate and for the tip, really appriciate it! She's been wanting to play it for ages but just gets stuck in an endless cycle of playing the sims.

Worse than a crack addiction the amount of time and money she puts into that. 

No worries. Haha, I seen The Sims 4 was added to the game pass. Don’t think I’ve played any of them. 

I did see a couple of Series S units in Tesco this evening, but predictably there was no sign that the Series X had even been on the shelf. I might have been tempted by the Series S if it had a disc drive, but as great as Game Pass Ultimate is I'm not ready to go fully digital yet.

13 hours ago, rossDas said:

I did see a couple of Series S units in Tesco this evening, but predictably there was no sign that the Series X had even been on the shelf. I might have been tempted by the Series S if it had a disc drive, but as great as Game Pass Ultimate is I'm not ready to go fully digital yet.

Yeah, I like to have the hard copy, "just in case". Perhaps it is a preference developed as a result of being gaming since the days of ZX81 (younger Bears search Google). As for game pass, £1 per month for three months, do you actually get to keep the games you download or are you just renting them for the duration of your game pass membership? Would be worth taking the game pass out top get Gears 5 alone, which is the next on my to do list.

39 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Yeah, I like to have the hard copy, "just in case". Perhaps it is a preference developed as a result of being gaming since the days of ZX81 (younger Bears search Google). As for game pass, £1 per month for three months, do you actually get to keep the games you download or are you just renting them for the duration of your game pass membership? Would be worth taking the game pass out top get Gears 5 alone, which is the next on my to do list.

Gamepass is basically like Netflix or Amazon Prime. You don't own the games, and titles drop in and out of the line-up on a month-to-month basis. There are additional perks as well, such as discounts on digital games in the Xbox store. I've found it to be good value, and it will only get better with the new studio acquisitions.

I've also found it to be great for trying out AA titles that you might not normally want to spend money on.

On 21/01/2021 at 10:56, rossDas said:

Gamepass is basically like Netflix or Amazon Prime. You don't own the games, and titles drop in and out of the line-up on a month-to-month basis. There are additional perks as well, such as discounts on digital games in the Xbox store. I've found it to be good value, and it will only get better with the new studio acquisitions.

I've also found it to be great for trying out AA titles that you might not normally want to spend money on.

Just to add to this. Similar to a Netflix Original I  guess but all Xbox Exclusive games are free to Game Pass owners the day of release.

On 20/01/2021 at 20:17, rossDas said:

Is there a difference between the s and x other than the disc drive mate?

1 minute ago, RfcSevco said:

Is there a difference between the s and x other than the disc drive mate?

Yeah, the Series S is designed with 1080p in mind instead of 4K, so it's less powerful than the Series X. It's a budget next-gen machine, basically, with the caveat of being digital only. 

1 minute ago, rossDas said:

Yeah, the Series S is designed with 1080p in mind instead of 4K, so it's less powerful than the Series X. It's a budget next-gen machine, basically, with the caveat of being digital only. 

Bastard. If it was full 4k then I'd a went for it as id not mind a digital only 

Absolutely addicted to Dead by Daylight. Originally just played custom games with 3 of my pals (one being killer and other 3 survivors) but now we have ventured online to play as a team against a killer.

Anxiety goes through the roof but class game if you got a small group of mates to play with.

3 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Anyone playing Cyberpunk on the X? If so can I ask if you consider if the game is performing satisfactorily, especially since the first major patch. Tempted to get the game but still reading too many reports of bugs and performance problems.

It's very playable on the series x, but note it is still just the Xbox one version. Later this year they will be releasing a proper version that's optimised for the series x which includes improved visuals/performance and additional features. Unless you are desperate, I'd say hold off until the next gen version releases. 

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

It's very playable on the series x, but note it is still just the Xbox one version. Later this year they will be releasing a proper version that's optimised for the series x which includes improved visuals/performance and additional features. Unless you are desperate, I'd say hold off until the next gen version releases. 

Cheers, think I will wait then. Although keen to get my hands on this, might as well wait until the game is properly fixed for the X. Have Gears 4 & 5 to get through, plus just loaded 50+ mods for Fallout 4, so I will give that another run through. Should keep me busy for a while.

On 08/02/2021 at 13:40, Rambo1872 said:

Still struggling to get a ps5 or a series X. I think at this point i'll buy whatever i can get my hands on first. Anyone ITK about series x/PS5 stock due in anywhere? 

Basically anything that goes online is being snapped up in seconds by scalpers using some sort of software to automatically scoop up any consoles that appear. Your best bet is simply to pop into your local Tesco (other stores are available) and try your luck. It seems like that they just get consoles in when they can, but at the moment it is a very low number, as I said above I got the last of four series X that my local branch got in.

Eventually the supply of graphic cards will get back to normal and Microsoft/Sony will be able to get consoles out in the required numbers, however at the moment the demand for processors and graphics cards around the World remains extremely high.