Xbox Series X

CR3

Played that new Outriders game with a couple of pals last night. Can see why people are comparing it to GOW and Destiny.

It's good fun, especially with the powers but it's laggy as fuck.

Used a power to try and destroy these enemies and not one of them reacted, 2 seconds later I teleported about 100 yards away and the animation for the power came up. So I basically used it on nobody.

On 06/04/2021 at 12:54, Johnsey said:

Played that new Outriders game with a couple of pals last night. Can see why people are comparing it to GOW and Destiny.

Aye I got a bit of Destiny and Gears from the demo, think it’ll turn into a grind as it’s a ‘looter shooter’ , personally might play it for a bit then sack it off if you need to grind for elbowpads.

• 2 months later...

Is there any games that are similar to like a game of thrones?  Quick google tells me to try elder scrolls Skyrim which comes on the Xbox gamE pass thing so downloading it.  Is it any good and is it similar?

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Is there any games that are similar to like a game of thrones?  Quick google tells me to try elder scrolls Skyrim which comes on the Xbox gamE pass thing so downloading it.  Is it any good and is it similar?

Kingdom come: Deliverance

Dragon Age Inquisition

Witcher 3 

A Plague tale: Innocence

Skyrim is great, but it's at its best during the open world, encounters and exploration etc The above games are all far better at story telling in my opinion. Think most of these are on games pass too.

The dragon age series is heavily influenced by the books that game of thrones is based on 

If you like telltales games.. the actual game of thrones one is decent enough for what it is. It's more of an interactive story than a game though.

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Skyrim & Witcher 3 

Downloaded Skyrim, lasted half an hour with it and then decided to turn on assassins creed Valhalla, i got it ages ago but never really played it.  Haven’t been off the fucking thing for days.  Not as good as Black Flag but up there as the second best one I’ve played so far.  

only thing is blocking is pish compared to black flag, but I suppose blocking swords is different from blocking ten foot battle axes 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Downloaded Skyrim, lasted half an hour with it and then decided to turn on assassins creed Valhalla, i got it ages ago but never really played it.  Haven’t been off the fucking thing for days.  Not as good as Black Flag but up there as the second best one I’ve played so far.  

only thing is blocking is pish compared to black flag, but I suppose blocking swords is different from blocking ten foot battle axes 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.cdkeys.com/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-game-of-the-year-edition-xbox-one?mw_aref=74dth566

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Do you have to pay monthly to play live? Or is there any other way of doing it?

There’s a cheap way of getting ultimate btw. You can buy 14 day codes on eBay, just make sure they aren’t a ‘trial’ 

You can’t stack them all at the one time, just need to *wait for your current code to expire* then put in your next one.. but you can do this for how many you want and they’re 2/3 quid each roughy getting you a month of ultimate for about a fiver instead of £10.99 - if you don’t mind putting in codes after each 14 day period.

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

There’s a cheap way of getting ultimate btw. You can buy 14 day codes on eBay, just make sure they aren’t a ‘trial’ 

You can’t stack them all at the one time, just need to *wait for your current code to expire* then put in your next one.. but you can do this for how many you want and they’re 2/3 quid each roughy getting you a month of ultimate for about a fiver instead of £10.99 - if you don’t mind putting in codes after each 14 day period.

Al stick with the monthly pay then :lol: 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Al stick with the monthly pay then :lol: 

I mean, getting something that costs £11 for less than half it’s price every month for years does add-up into a good saving and all you do is copy n paste codes into the redeem. But I do know folk that cba doing that. I buy months or 3 months on cdkeys 

12 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

U should research buying games from another region. Legit and cheap way of getting games. Cost me about 88 for 3 years games pass ultimate 

Someone was telling me recently about buying his game codes from a website who are meant for people in Argentina, to get them way cheaper - you apparently just need to fire on a VPN for that country when you redeem it and you get your games cheap as chips.

link: https://www.eneba.com/xbox

Type Argentina into the search.*

Chivalry 2 for 8 euro:lol: games just out and 30 quid on cdkeys.

89093A65-C7AA-49D5-89E5-91764F2E1548.jpeg

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Someone was telling me recently about buying his game codes from a website who are meant for people in Argentina, to get them way cheaper - you apparently just need to fire on a VPN for that country when you redeem it and you get your games cheap as chips.

link: https://www.eneba.com/xbox

Type Argentina into the search.*

Chivalry 2 for 8 euro:lol: games just out and 30 quid on cdkeys.

89093A65-C7AA-49D5-89E5-91764F2E1548.jpeg

I also need a billing address in Argentine or any other region u wish to use

Seagm is another one I've used in the past, they actually have people in each country who buy the game as a gift and gift it to your account which u can then redeem.

It's actually pretty easy once u get your head around it.

https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/

They guys also have great tutorials as well

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/06/2021 at 13:05, Raligt said:

Witcher 3 is in my top 3 games of all time. Amazing

Bought W3GOTY edition for a pittance a few weeks ago as I have seen many comparisons of the game against the mess that still is Cyberpunk 2077.  As you say, this game is fabulous, I find myself becoming lost in the World it portrays. If this is the standard of game that CDPR can produce then I simply cannot wait for them to release Cyberpunk as a finished game, not the Beta, at best, version that is available at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/07/2021 at 05:07, CR3 said:

Microsoft Flight Simulator in a couple days, free on game pass.

Flight simulators are shit unless you are packing some serious hardware, perhaps a mini-gun and some heat seekers. 

Just my opinion, played IL Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad on PC for way too much longer that I should have.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

Flight simulators are shit unless you are packing some serious hardware, perhaps a mini-gun and some heat seekers. 

Just my opinion, played IL Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad on PC for way too much longer that I should have.

Seems to run fine on the series X. I kept crash-landing or overshooting the runway on the first test-flight tutorial though and it was doing my nut in.

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

I kept crash-landing or overshooting the runway on the first test-flight tutorial though and it was doing my nut in.

Playing IL2 Sturmovik, it took me an hour to learn how to get a ME109 off the ground, serious issues with torque apparently. Very frustrating, but ultimately satisfying.

As for the series X, I use mine for Halo, Assasins Creed, Gears and hopefully, sometime soon Cyberpunk 2077, word on the grapevine that the series X , PS5 upgrade for 2077 should hit next 3-4 weeks, which along with some free dlc and continuing patching will hopefully make this game finally worth playing nearly a year after launch.

3 hours ago, Jakes Pal said:

Playing IL2 Sturmovik, it took me an hour to learn how to get a ME109 off the ground, serious issues with torque apparently. Very frustrating, but ultimately satisfying.

As for the series X, I use mine for Halo, Assasins Creed, Gears and hopefully, sometime soon Cyberpunk 2077, word on the grapevine that the series X , PS5 upgrade for 2077 should hit next 3-4 weeks, which along with some free dlc and continuing patching will hopefully make this game finally worth playing nearly a year after launch.

I thought the chances of a Cyberpunk 2077 next-gen upgrade were looking slim to be out this year anyway due to troubles in the workplace of CD Projekt Red and it not really being mentioned on their Road Map. Would be great if is out in a month though, I’ll happily replay it from the start.