Nintendo Switch

bigblueyonder

45 minutes ago, bigblueyonder said:

Thinking about buying one for the wean (9 years), are these any good? I've never really been into Nintendo, was SEGA > Playstation then finally an Xbox was my last console. 

Best consoles you can get for weans are always Nintendo. 

1 hour ago, bigblueyonder said:

Thinking about buying one for the wean (9 years), are these any good? I've never really been into Nintendo, was SEGA > Playstation then finally an Xbox was my last console. 

My 8 year old has one and he plays it quite a lot,

The games are pretty good too ,the other good thing about them is you can take it with you wherever you go

Before Covid he took his on holiday with us

For kids its a no brainer.

I picked up a Switch lite for myself a couple of months ago. Due to my job theres occassions where i have plenty of time to spare and i'm not one for reading. Always been a fan of Zelda and Mario.

Picked it up new for £160 (eBay offer) and bought Zelda BOTW, Mario Oddessey and Mario Kart 8.

Fully expect to sell it at some point next year when i get bored with it or complete Zelda and Mario (may keep it for BOTW 2) and get my money back on it, providing it gets looked after.

7 hours ago, bigblueyonder said:

My boys 7 and has had one for a couple of years and is never fucking off it. 

My boy has a Switch Lite, his first real foray into gaming. He loves it and he loves Mario

I'm thinking of upgrading him to the full version. Aldi are doing it for £230 on Black Friday apparently, will try and pick it up

Think a few retailers will be dropping the price on it, there's heavy rumours Nintendo will be releasing an updated version early next year

On 11/11/2020 at 17:16, psb07158 said:

My boy has a Switch Lite, his first real foray into gaming. He loves it and he loves Mario

I'm thinking of upgrading him to the full version. Aldi are doing it for £230 on Black Friday apparently, will try and pick it up

Think a few retailers will be dropping the price on it, there's heavy rumours Nintendo will be releasing an updated version early next year

The Aldi deal will be a wild goose chase. Asda have them for 239 just now, which is likely to be a better option if you want to avoid disappointment. 

TBF, they've been rumours for about 3 years. Can't see it early next year myself. Will be soon ish though I would have thought, but COVID may have delayed development on it too mind you.

On 16/11/2020 at 10:27, Iakona said:

The Aldi deal will be a wild goose chase. Asda have them for 239 just now, which is likely to be a better option if you want to avoid disappointment. 

BF is still 2 weeks away tbf, there will be other deals pop up. IMO its not really worth pulling the trigger on one at that price yet, if you can afford to wait a bit longer.

I picked up a mint switch lite on facebook marketplace. guy was in the middle of fucking nowhere basically lived in a forest, probably why it was still for sale at the £90 I paid for it for so long, no cunt would be mad enough to venture out to him except me haha.

On 17/11/2020 at 12:09, stevemac said:

BF is still 2 weeks away tbf, there will be other deals pop up. IMO its not really worth pulling the trigger on one at that price yet, if you can afford to wait a bit longer.

I picked up a mint switch lite on facebook marketplace. guy was in the middle of fucking nowhere basically lived in a forest, probably why it was still for sale at the £90 I paid for it for so long, no cunt would be mad enough to venture out to him except me haha.

Tesco have matched Aldi and will be selling it from the 24th for £229 (£206 if you know someone with a discount card). I don't see anyone bettering £229 to be honest.. The only way it will be beaten is possibly a game included at a slightly higher price.

Asda are pretty much sold out nationwide now.

I bought the fortnite limited edition for my soon to be 8 year old. It was 289 from Smyths and came with a game. I was looking at other deals but as it has fortnite on it already it effectively comes with 2 games. Cant be fucked returning it for a better deal as the saving will be minimal. 

1 hour ago, northern bear said:

I bought the fortnite limited edition for my soon to be 8 year old. It was 289 from Smyths and came with a game. I was looking at other deals but as it has fortnite on it already it effectively comes with 2 games. Cant be fucked returning it for a better deal as the saving will be minimal. 

Not trying to be a dick, but's 229 in Tesco. Doesn't come with the second game so the mileage varies in terms of value... as the second game is only really worthwhile if it's something you actually want. However there's no guarantee that your local store has stock, so it may not be worth the hassle of trying/refunding.

42779268.jpg

1 hour ago, Iakona said:

Not trying to be a dick, but's 229 in Tesco. Doesn't come with the second game so the mileage varies in terms of value... as the second game is only really worthwhile if it's something you actually want. However there's no guarantee that your local store has stock, so it may not be worth the hassle of trying/refunding.

42779268.jpg

Cheers! Just actually read about this online. I would def change for that price. Need to see if the local tesco has it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 22:58, Rangers_no1 said:

Got the missus one over the weekend, shes been playing it constantly. Ive had a couple of shots for nostalgia on the old snes and nes games on it. Zelda a link to the past, still brilliant years on!

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_32583_xx_xx/-switch_code-/xx-criteria.html

10% off if you buy 2.

• 1 month later...

I never actually got one, but just ordered a Super Mario red & blue edition one for him there. Sold his Switch Lite, agreed to deliver it to Shettleston tomorrow, definitely getting robbed / stabbed. 

On 14/02/2021 at 23:51, psb07158 said:

I never actually got one, but just ordered a Super Mario red & blue edition one for him there. Sold his Switch Lite, agreed to deliver it to Shettleston tomorrow, definitely getting robbed / stabbed. 

Buy one get one free in shettleston at the moment mate, you'll get both.

• 2 months later...